What's new

WHV Announcement: Tom & Jerry Golden Collection Volume Two (Blu-ray) (DVD) (1 Viewer)

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Ronald Epstein said:
Yes, please. Let's stick to the topic at hand and remain respectful.
Okay, okay. :rolleyes: (But still, in case I missed it earlier, how did everyone originally weigh in on that Wizard of Oz ad? That was one bizarre piece o' work for the studio, and reading between the lines, it's still kind of an elephant in the room.)

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
The recent Jerry Beck interview on the Stu's show was very pessimistic in regards of getting these released. Apparently WHV is well aware of the issue, however he states that a "higher power" in the company is blocking the release of the two cartoons regardless of WHV's willingness to release them. He even went so far to say that they won't even be allowed to release them through the Warner Archive. It looks like a The Devils situation here in regards to a title mysteriously being blocked from release by someone of significant influence in or affiliated with the company. He also stated the pending C11 set is officially dead, which should surprise no one.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yes, I have been quite busy on this end but I will ping the studio this morning and see if an answer is forthcoming.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
JoHud said:
The recent Jerry Beck interview on the Stu's show was very pessimistic in regards of getting these released. Apparently WHV is well aware of the issue, however he states that a "higher power" in the company is blocking the release of the two cartoons regardless of WHV's willingness to release them. He even went so far to say that they won't even be allowed to release them through the Warner Archive. It looks like a The Devils situation here in regards to a title mysteriously being blocked from release by someone of significant influence in or affiliated with the company. He also stated the pending C11 set is officially dead, which should surprise no one.
That's truly unfortunate.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just to give all of you an update...

Received a reply from Warner Bros. yesterday morning essentially saying that they were having a meeting to discuss the questions. I am hoping to hear something back from shortly.

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
Ronald Epstein said:

Received a reply from Warner Bros. yesterday morning essentially saying that they were having a meeting to discuss the questions. I am hoping to hear something back from shortly.
Thanks, Ron, and pass along that we appreciate them taking our questions seriously and responding to them. Most big corporations would not do that.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
thanks ron, i have fingers crossed that we get great news, we will see, at least they took the time to take our questions

Real Name
Luigi Gennaro
Ronald Epstein said:

Thanks for all your help, Ron. Here's hoping something good will come from this

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
steevo54 said:
I agree that various "spokesmen" are mere messengers for the company.
That's because, typically, the people who actually institute such policy haven't the courage to take the heat themselves. How frustrating it must be, a dedicated film aficionado and company executive working for a company that continues to censor the truth, by further perpetuating this ever-deepening, politically-correct denial about our collective past. Kinda like the textbook publishers in Texas. Kudos to those who are trying to free these works of art from the draconian prison they are in, and shame on those who keep them behind the proverbial bars.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Based on Jerry Becks comments, it looks like I wont be supporting classic animation from Warner's like I used to. I don;t see the point of supporting Looney Tune releases if we're never going to get all the cartoons.

They can go to hell.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
All this talk of censorship and missing cartoons is welcome, but where is the discussion in regards to picture and sound quality.

I was bitterly disappointed with the last T&J Blu-ray set. So much so that I doubted I would buy another.
The sound and image quality (color especially) on a lot of the cartoons were not up to scratch and as for the replaced logos on most of them, well that was tragic.

At least I've still got the laserdisc box sets all with great color, great sound and all the original logos in place.
If only the Blu-ray set could have replicated this with it's better resolution.
But we got resolution and little else.

Unless, I hear encouraging reports, I will not be buying this second set. (and where is Downhearted Duckling?)

Doug.

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
You should read things in this thread rather than repeating questions about Dowhheated Duckling. Look at post 111.

I found this cartoon on the "Spotlight Collection No 3". Since wer are talking about No 2, you cartoon ought to be in the next edition and NOT in No. 2.

Real Name
Luigi Gennaro

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Sumnernor,
There's no need to be rude.

Of course I had already read your answer to my question at post 111.
For which I was thankful.
However, I already knew about it being on the Spotlight Collection and I also have it on Laserdisc.
I'm talking here about the new BLU-RAY set and also it's discussed problems.

My repeated question re the whereabouts was in brackets and meant as an aside.
I'm fearful that it might be censored or banned and I was hoping to get a response in that regard.

I'm concerned here more about the original logo replacements, picture and sound quality of this second set, which if it is not an improvement over the disappointing first set will sadly be a no sale from me.

Doug.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
The problem at Warner Bros stems from the legal department. There is a particular person there who has taken an "over my dead body" position, and unfortunately she is able to enforce it. What the fans want means very little to them in this case. The person in question truly thinks these films are evil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks