What's new

WHV Announcement: Terminator Anthology (1 Viewer)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
its not.. it has the old version of t1. there is a new version coming out next month that is remastered and has DTSMA. it was an exclusive to best buy for months. JAcob

Doctorossi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Schuyler
TheBat said:
there is a new version coming out next month that is remastered tealified and has DTSMA is missing the film's actual soundtrack
Fixed- unlike the release you describe, sadly.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Johnny Angell said:
I own all 4 films. Will there be any compelling reason to buy this set?
No. This set is only for procrastinators who have been holding out for a complete series box set since 1997.

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Koroush Ghazi
Or, to put it more accurately, it's another cash grab before the remastered Terminator 1 comes out in the US. Borders on the blatantly deceptive when a "new" Terminator Anthology boxed set comes out sporting the older version of the best film in the series. I'm perfectly happy with my new Terminator 1 and Skynet Edition of Terminator 2. Neither are perfect, and yes, both have been digitally revised, but for me both are very watchable and the best that's likely to be available for some time. There are times we have to be pragmatic and accept what is given, rather than waiting endlessly for unobtainable "perfection" in the name of purism. I highly doubt T1 will be reissued anytime soon without the teal look and original mono, especially as that's how the movie's director actually wants to present the film. Terminator 2 may be reissued without the DNR, perhaps even remastered, but there's been no word as to if/when this will ever happen. The next major release is likely to be the 4K version. For me, the other two movies don't even exist. Terminator 3 is likely a bad parody of the series, and Terminator Salvation pretty much sinks the entire series ala Highlander 2.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
Doctorossi said:
Fixed- unlike the release you describe, sadly.
I didnt mind the remastered look for aliens. I trust cameron with doing terminator and his other films. I know that some are upset about no mono track. I have no problem with that. you didnt need to correct me on that matter. Jacob

Doctorossi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Schuyler
TheBat said:
I didnt mind the remastered look for aliens.
Would you mind it on '11'? That's what the new timing for The Terminator looks like.
TheBat said:
I know that some are upset about no mono track. I have no problem with that.
It's not just a 'not-expanded-to-multichannel' version that's missing here; many of the audio fx cues have been replaced.
TheBat said:
you didnt need to correct me on that matter.
Please pardon my meme mimicry.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
recyclced discs huh? I don't feel bad for dropping $15 for both the original T1 and T2 Skynet blurays then. If these were new transfers I'd bite.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
Doctorossi said:
Would you mind it on '11'? That's what the new timing for The Terminator looks like. It's not just a 'not-expanded-to-multichannel' version that's missing here; many of the audio fx cues have been replaced. Please pardon my meme mimicry.
I guess its your problem if you dont like the new look. not much that I can do about it. I certainly trust cameron more then others. he seems to know what he likes in color change or whatever. it will be interesting to see what the abyss looks like. I heard he was going to do that as well. I just wanted to let that person who asked if the boxset was worth it. maybe he didnt know about the re-release. he should a least know about both right or wrong before getting it. Jacob

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
[font="Helvetica; font-size: medium; line-height: normal; text-align: -webkit-auto; "]Please note that the street date for the TERMINATOR ANTHOLOGY has been moved to March 26, 2013[/font]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks