What's new

WHV Announcement: Sherlock Season Two (BBC) (Blu-ray) (DVD) (1 Viewer)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Excellent! After the cliffhanger in Series 1, I can't wait to see Series 2!

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
Excellent news! Season one was so good. The two leads really play their parts well, and the story-writing was top notch! Looking forward to this in a big way.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I didn't want to wait. Since my Oppo Blu-ray player handles 50 Hz sourced video (converts to 60 Hz perfectly), I ordered the region free Series 1 & 2 set from the UK in early February. Watched all of the S2 episodes, which played flawlessly. They're great, even better than S1, especially the finale. Highly Recommended if your player is capable. list of players that will handle 50 Hz: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=95245 http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006K1IIHA (Complete Series One & Two)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Series one of Sherlock was one of my favorite TV events of last season. I can't wait to see this season's three episodes.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
You won't be disappointed in at least two of the three episodes. They are even better, if that is possible, than series one's three offerings. I thought the adaptation of "The Hound of the Baskervilles" was the series first "miss," so to speak, and even it is better television than nearly every other series I have seen. This show gets my highest recommendation. Certainly the best SHERLOCK HOLMES ever created (even better than Jeremy Brett, in my opinion--and that's saying something).

MattAlbie60

I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific
Real Name
Stephen Lilley
I agree -- out of all six, the only one I was disappointed with was THE HOUNDS OF BASKERVILLE. The plot is weak, the adaptation is weak, but as usual, the characters and the performances are strong enough for it to get by. The other two in the series, though? Especially the first one? Marvelous.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
I also agree with the above comments. The first show from Season One was absolutely television at it's best. I enjoy how they moved the detective into modern day England...very unique indeed!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I'm not waiting...I ordered the set from Amazon.co.uk. I'll probably do the same for Downton Abbey.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks