What's new

WHV Announcement: Planet Earth 6-Disc Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
Thank you Ronald ! Finally, I could never understand why the equally fascinating 10-minute production diaries couldn't be included on the BD. So if i understand this correctly and remember reading a few entries here and there on the net,the image quality has been improved on this ? this looks like a beautiful item,buying for sure. I'd give the BD i have right now to a family member,but they don't understand english very well. And i'm guessing Richard Attenborough even worse.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Definite buy to replace my HD DVD. I am a sucker for well produced, well narrated nature series and this one is my favorite. However, I just read that this release will have the standard DD soundtrack like the original release. Why not go the distance and include lossless audio???

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Looks like both versions have the discs housed in cardboard sleeves. *Sigh* That globe is nice, though... but no sale here. I'm not going to deal with any more scuffed/scratched discs.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
The only difference between the two is the packaging right? I might go for the globe. I never did buy this one.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I presume this is the UK version of the series, with uncut episodes, David Attenborough's narration, and the original episode order? When Planet Earth was first released on DVD & Blu-ray, that was the widely-available version, but Discovery Channel also sold their version of the series, which featured Sigourney Weaver as the narrator, with some changes to the order and running time of the episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks