What's new

WHV Announcement: Looney Tunes: The Platinum Collection Volume 3 (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Also, there's actually 61 cartoons that seem to be exclusive as bonus shorts on live-action feature DVDs, as well as nine available for iTunes/Amazon download. I would estimate around 150-200 cartoons are exclusive to laserdisc and VHS.

bugsy-pal

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Patrick McCart said:
Also, there's actually 61 cartoons that seem to be exclusive as bonus shorts on live-action feature DVDs, as well as nine available for iTunes/Amazon download. I would estimate around 150-200 cartoons are exclusive to laserdisc and VHS.
I was wondering about this recently, and couldn't find a listing of those cartoons anywhere. Does anyone know where they might be listed? I have a few on various Warner DVDs, but I'd be hard-pressed to remember what's on my shelves. Need to keep my own listing of what bonus cartoons I've got.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Looking forward to this release. that said, if this is the last one then I see no need to pre-order it at a premium like I did the previous two volumes. I'll wait for it to hit the $20 mark.

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Koroush Ghazi
Good point. The first two volumes fell pretty quickly to, and have stayed around, the $32 mark for a while now, so this third one should also drop to a similar price.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Patrick McCart said:
I'd hesitate to include those in a similar sort of count since many of those are not remastered in the way the majority of the GC/SS/Academy Award/etc sets were. They are mostly TV transfers put on disc, sometimes using the same censored prints (i.e. Confederate Honey on the Virginia City DVD). Same goes for many of the "bonus" cartoons on GC Vol. 6--just TV prints not in the same league as the mainline cartoon restorations.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
While they're not remastered, I think it's worth pointing out since it's still the "best" source available for most of the involved cartoons. Some of these bonus cartoons have never had a video release otherwise.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I was going off of Vol. 1 only being 1 disc for the German release, but apparently Vol. 2 was both discs for Germany. So I guess we won't know for sure until someone has it in hand.

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
How is 16.00 pounds and post cheaper?? while the laser disc sets have uncut stuff ,most of the TV versions are better transfers ,and most of
the best B&W Porky stuff never showed up on laser ,since Warner's only gave a few mixed in with color stuff on their single lasers ,so you need the stuff
off TV

ThadK

Second Unit
Got my copy tonight and did a quick scan. Most of the first disc's Bugs Bunny cartoons are new transfers, so it looks like a lot of those cartoons weren't remastered in HD for the DVD releases. The good news is that they redid THE BIG SNOOZE and GORILLA MY DREAMS, so there's no DNR marring the great animation, and they look fantastic. LIFE WITH FEATHERS is still a Blue Ribbon; CANARY ROW had its opening rings restored. I can't wait to take a better look at it this week.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Not that I expect it to happen, but a collection of Bugs Bunny shorts on Blu as a way to release more Looney Tunes in a more marketable way would be the most reasonable future scenario.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks