What's new

WHV Announcement: Looney Tunes Super Stars (1 Viewer)

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
The list of shorts has already been released on tvshowsondvd.com, but for convenience sake:

Bugs Bunny: Hare Extrordinaire:

No Parking Hare
Jack Wabbit and the Beanstalk
Hold the Lion, Please
What's Cookin', Doc?
Which is Witch?
Mutiny on the Bunny
Bushy Hare
Hare We Go
Rabbit Every Monday
Fair Haired Hare
Foxy by Proxy
Hare Lift
Upswept Hare
Hare Trimmed
Robot Rabbit

Daffy Duck: Frustrated Fowl:

Tick Tock Tuckered
Ain't that Ducky?
Nasty Quacks
Daffy Doodles
Along Came Daffy
The Prize Pest
Quack Shot
The High and the Flighty
Boston Quackie
Don't Axe Me
China Jones
Daffy's Inn Trouble
Quackodile Tears
Good Noose
Fast Buck Duck

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
I am looking forward very much to having these classics finally on DVD. Bushy Hare is one of my favorite Bugs cartoons.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Nice.

Guess the marketing numbers showed that single disc, character themed releases were the way to go. I'll gladly pick these up and place them next to my Golden Collections, especially since there are no repeated films.

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
It should be noted that tvshowsondvd just retracted their contents listing at the request of Warner Bros. I'll leave my original post up, but now all bets are off regarding the actual shorts.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
as stated as long as its not repeats these are mine as well, but i was really hoping for something so much bigger, they have really scaled down on the great releases, never going to see another Tarzan collection, maybe i should just be happy that these are not archive collection i guess. but it seems that all the great anouncements never seem to get finished, where are the rest of the Popeyes? The long rumored Tex Avery set?, WB when the Golden Collection went away, i was expecting the next big thing, 1080p, 4 disc, looks like it will just have to wait, like my missing Woody Woodpecker, or the Tom & Jerrys that were left off for censorship reasons.

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
Originally Posted by Brandon Conway

Nice.

Guess the marketing numbers showed that single disc, character themed releases were the way to go. I'll gladly pick these up and place them next to my Golden Collections, especially since there are no repeated films.
I really hope that Bushy Hare and Which is Witch are still going to be included.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
TVShowsOnDVD just updated with a new post. Apparently the original list of shorts was incorrect. The new list as it appears on WHV's internal site is....

Looney Tunes Super Stars' Bugs Bunny: Hare Extraordinaire:

1. Apes of Wrath
  2. Bedevilled Rabbit
  3. Bushy Hare
  4. Dr. Devil and Mr. Hare
  5. False Hare
  6. Foxy by Proxy
  7. From Hare to Heir
  8. Hare Trimmed
  9. Hare We Go
  10. Lighter than Hare
  11. Lumber Jack-Rabbit
  12. Mad as a Mars Hare
  13. The Million Hare
  14. Mutiny on the Bunny
  15. Napoleon Bunny-part

Looney Tunes Super Stars' Daffy Duck: Frustrated Fowl:
  1. Daffy's Inn Trouble
  2. Design for Leaving
  3. Dime to Retire
  4. Ducking the Devil
  5. The Iceman Ducketh
  6. People Are Bunny
  7. Person to Bunny
  8. The Prize Pest
  9. Stork Naked
  10. Suppressed Duck
  11. This Is a Life?
  12. Tick Tock Tuckered
  13. Nasty Quacks
  14. Daffy Dilly
  15. Wise Quackers
While we lost Which is Witch the list did keep Bushy Hare.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Interesting! When I first saw the artwork, I thought we were doomed for re-releases, but this is a pleasant surprise. My only disappointment is that I'm frankly tired of Bugs & Daffy - I want a Foghorn collection. I'll be picking this up nonetheless.

LCD22

Screenwriter
I'm surprised one of the most popular 1950s shorts featuring Bugs, Hare-Way to the Stars, still has yet to be released on DVD. It didn't make it on the Golden Collections, and I had hope it might make it on these first two Looney Tunes Super Stars.

If there aren’t any extras included in this new series of sets, I will greatly miss the audio commentaries and the music and effects only tracks.

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
TVShowsOnDVD is still speculating on what cartoons will be included. The finalized list should be posted at Cartoon Brew. I'll wait for that.

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
Fingers crossed that Which is Witch is still included. It is a great Friz Freleng short that has rarely been aired on television.

Terry Hickey

Second Unit
Real Name
Terry Hickey
At least they are starting to release some more Looney Tunes. Hopefully, there won't be repeats of cartoons from the "Golden Collection" series as other posters have stated.

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Originally Posted by Terry Hickey

Hopefully, there won't be repeats of cartoons from the "Golden Collection" series as other posters have stated.
We already know these are new-to-DVD. See post #10. Also verified by Jerry Beck on Cartoon Brew.

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
Cartoon Brew lists the same films TVShowsOnDVD did in their revision, meaning a few cartoons have indeed been dropped. Jerry Beck says the dropped films were due to restoration issues.

Beck also mentions a few other things: both he and WB are aiming to eventually restore and release the entire library of Looney Tunes and Merry Melodies. These two new DVDs are aimed at everyone, collectors and families alike (both the Golden Collections and Spotlight Collections were too expensive for the average consumer). He is involved with the planning of future releases and additional titles can be expected later this year. There are plans for Looney Tunes on Blu-ray.

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/dvd/new-looney-tunes-dvds-in-april.html

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Originally Posted by Traveling Matt

Happy as I am for the Blu-ray folks, there's a real possibility that Warner will get distracted by the shiny new bauble and never actually get all of these out on disc. I'm more than a little fed up with this ridiculous treadmill where we just regurgitate the same stuff ad infinitum.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Originally Posted by Traveling Matt

Cartoon Brew lists the same films TVShowsOnDVD did in their revision, meaning a few cartoons have indeed been dropped. Jerry Beck says the dropped films were due to restoration issues.

Beck also mentions a few other things: both he and WB are aiming to eventually restore and release the entire library of Looney Tunes and Merry Melodies. These two new DVDs are aimed at everyone, collectors and families alike (both the Golden Collections and Spotlight Collections were too expensive for the average consumer). He is involved with the planning of future releases and additional titles can be expected later this year. There are plans for Looney Tunes on Blu-ray.

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/dvd/new-looney-tunes-dvds-in-april.html
By this, it appears that the so-called "Censored 11" will eventually be restored

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks