What's new

WHV Announcement: Journey to the Center of the Earth in 3-D (DVD/Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
logos_journey.jpg

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I like the picture of the 3-D glasses. With red lenses for both eyes you will see no 3-D. The 3-D will be pretty bad with the cardboard anaglyph glasses. Why can't they release these 3-D films with the far superior field-sequential 3-D method?

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
I've been wondering this myself. It's probably something to do with keeping a competitive edge at the theaters.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
It's probably got more to do with (1) the low install rate of field sequential systems and (2) the fact that field sequential will not work on progressive scan displays. Finally, anaglyph is the system most likely to work with the majority of systems, from J6P's 19" tv to the home theatre enthusiast's 100" front projection system. I'm perfectly happy to wait until a better 3D system is available for the home.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
This thing didnt' even come here, 3D or 3D. :frowning: I'm game to see it though, and happy it'll be 3D on BD. I'll probably just buy it sometime once I actually get a player, that is. And if the 3D actually works. And if they will actually keep it available in 3D. Otherwise, they can pretty much keep the copy I would buy.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille

Whats wrong with the 3-D system they use on the 120hz Samsung and Mitsubishi HDTV's? I have seen it and it looks fantastic. The color is not changed as you have with the anaglyph method and the 120hz refresh rate has no flicker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn35
Recent bookmarks