What's new

WHV Announce: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Nice to see Warner following Disney's lead by including the SD DVD version w/ the BD for a new day-and-date title like this one. And looks like they're not even charging extra for that.

Definitely makes this an easy release week purchase for me.

_Man_

BrettV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett Voss
Agreed. Definitely a release week purchase for me, as well.

I wish they would include a case to match the blu ray box set, though. Would really like to complete that.

Can't tell if that's what they have there in the ultimate edition (center left at the bottom of the ad,) or if that's just some additional written information.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
I got this Blu ray today though it was only a 2 disc version with no DVD - assume this is regional.

Excellent picture as I expected though my display in only 48"

The best major extra is A Year in The Life with JK Rowling which I recall was shown on ITV around when Deathly Hallows came out I think. The documentary seems more relevant to the last film really and includes plot points about the last book, though they do warn you about that at the start. I had seen most of this before but it is great.

Deleted scenes are generally pretty worthless really - 3 devoted to Harry trying to work out what Draco is up to and realising there may be 2 vanishing cabinets before he goes off to Dumbledore and some other very minor moments. One deleted scene that did catch my eye was a re-edit of the scene where clouds gather over Hogwarts as Malfoy gets out of his bed and sets off to confront Dumbledore - here it is set to the Hogwarts choir and is in a slightly different order. I quite liked it.

The maximum movie mode over the film works quite well though would prefer a commentary - havent watched it all yet.

The rest of the extras are mostly throwaway stuff

Altogether a reasonable package though now that these Ultimate Editions are in the works I can imagine a lot has been withheld for that.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if all versions of the BD release will include an SD-DVD disc, or is that going to be an exclusive for a given chain?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks