What's new

WHS Connector for Windows Phone 7 Opens some doors (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Don't own one, not pushing one, but this app is potentially very interesting to me..

Here goes:

An app that gives your Windows Phone 7 a connector for Windows Home Server

Let me cover the bases:

An administration client for WHS, but more important, the ability to access/download as well as publish to WHS. So, take a video on WP7, upload it straight to your WHS, instantly available at home for any TV or Xbox connected.

Have some MP3s that aren't on your WP7 you want in a hurry? Go ahead, grab them. (I will admit, to me, with an Audible client for WP7, and I have almost 20GB of Audible alone, this could be nice)

Photos accessible on your WHS are available to you WP7 anywhere... take a photo on your WP7? Instantly upload it to your WHS.

Want to watch some recorded TV that your Windows Media Center took while you were away? Snap.

For those that do use WHS, this is an awesome little app.

http://www.wegotserved.com/2010/12/03/addin-whs-phone/

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Because MS has absolutely destroyed WHS for V2.. :( (Vail) by taking out Drive Extender, they have neutered that product. Too bad. HP bought slice in Drobo, so this wasn't a surprise.. they had to shift. So, now MS will have Dell, Acer (and thus Gateway), Asus as launch partners. I figure more people will stick with WHS V1 as a preferred as long as they can get it. But the look on this is potentially very slick. It will work in V2 also.. just those of us with tons of data are not interested in switching :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks