What's new

Whose Line Is It Anyway - Season One: Volume One - September 26th! (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Woot! According to TVShowsonDVD, there will be two versions produced, censored as aired and uncensored. This is a very, very good start. They could've done some crappy best-of set or themed to performer set, but this is way legit. But you can see their hesitation of releasing the entire season but hopefully they'll continue to put 'em out. We gotta eat these bitches up when released, though. We gotta give them some attractive numbers, people. Doesn't WB have a bad history of puttin' out then with-holding?...I'm talking about the studio of, not my ex-girlfriend Wilma Bonds.

Katherine_K

Second Unit

One reason this might be released before the Drew Carey show is that WLISA is a lot higher on TVSoD's rankings of unreleased shows.

Real Name
Matthew Burdette
It's about time Whose Line got announced, I hope some studio would release the original British version of the show

Katherine_K

Second Unit
I probably wont be buying the American version, but like Matthew I hope the British version is released.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Ooh, I'm already developing "party quirks" over this release. And I'll be buying the ******* uncensored version !

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
What's the deal with this release? Only one of the 7 Best Buys around me received this, and none of the Circuit Cities. This is the 13th most requested TV Show on DVD, according to tvshowsondvd.com I would have thought that they would have put out a few more copies than that.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I'm never shocked when giant retailers make strange moves with regard to what they stock. Usually most of what they have is only geared towards 12 year olds.

Anyway, has anyone watched their uncensored version yet & does it live up to that title or did it turn out to be a marketing scheme ? And who would buy this show censored, anyway ?

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I'm ordering mine online so should have it in a week or so. I have the 'aired' versions practically memorized so I can probably spot the uncensored stuff. I know that the show got bleeped quite a bit so I expect that stuff, but wonder if there is anything else, or added material.

David M.

Agent
The uncensored version lives up to its name. The episodes themselves are the TV broadcasts. It's the extras on the second disc that the uncensored tag applies to, especially the two gag reels. The gag reels would have to be heavily censored for the censored version as both go a good 10 minutes each. I never realized how much this show was edited together until I watched the gag reels. A couple of the extra sketches do feature some mature language as well.

I also had a heck of a time finding this title. Found it in a chain music retailer.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Well, that's mildly disappointing. I was hoping the aired versions would be on here without the bleeps. But I'm guessing it would have been too much trouble to re-edit the original versions and include the wonderful cursing. I'm looking forward to more seasons which I'm guessing will all have lots of bonus footage since so much was filmed for the series and not aired.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks