What's new

Who's your favorite Beatle? (1 Viewer)

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
Clarence ... He was the 5th Beatle ... He was the dominate one ...
Oh, hell yeah! How could I forget about Clarence? The biggest screwjob in the history of rock-and-roll.
I have a really early demo of "She's Got A Ticket To Ride and the Bitch Don't Care, Man". It's the jewel of my collection, and you'd think the crew that assembled the amazing Backbeat bootlegs would have made it available to the public. (You don't think it would truly show up on the Anthology Vols. I - III, do ya?)
:D

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
So why are you participating in this thread?
Because I love The Beatles! And any time I get the chance to talk about them I do!
Beatles rule! (note I did not say "John" rules, or "Paul" rules, because by themselves, it is questionable as to whether any of them would have "ruled"!) :)

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Ron Nasty. Oh wait, wrong group! :D
I'm going to go against the grain and say George Harrison. Sure, he didn't get to write as many songs as his mates John and Paul did, but every one of his compositions were absolute masterpieces, and he was a hell of a guitar player too...check out his solo records sometime. Let's not forget that he was also the primary influence in adding exotic instrumentation to the group.
And, if we needed further proof that Harrison was the best, out of the three surviving Beatles, he had the funniest cameo in The Simpsons. :)

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
And, if we needed further proof that Harrison was the best, out of the three surviving Beatles, he had the funniest cameo in The Simpsons
This is a perfect example of why I always seek out your posts Kevin! Your analysis and logic on every subject is absolutely incredible!;)

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
Paul and John, John and Paul. Hmmmmm. The eternal Beatle debate rages on!

Paul, I guess, I think the better melodies were penned by him.

John Tillman

Supporting Actor
Lennon.

This is an interesting subject for me as I was 7 or 8 when the Beatles hit our airwaves. My music influences up till that point was my older brother's music, 50's rock & roll.

I was able to bridge the gap between the British invasion and American music prior to that point but my brother had a hard time doing that. His tastes went to earlier times, seeking out blues from the 20's and probably the very music that influenced the British groups of the 60's.

I can listen to some of that stuff, but I prefer to listen to someone like Clapton doing a Robert Johnson song or sonething along those lines. I guess its all linked together somehow, and its fun to research an album you enjoy, only to find out the artist either colaborated with, or was influenced by someone you never would have thought was involved.

Anyway, the Beatles are great and I eagerly await some DVD-Audio of their music and post Beatles stuff.

Adil M

Supporting Actor
I liked John. He's a character. What a kook? Bed-in for peace. No, he's not a megalomaniac. Taste in women. And he still put Paul in his place and led one of the greatest bands in history.

Edited to mention emphasis on sarcasm.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I liked John. He's a character. What a kook? Bed-in for peace. No, he's not a megalomaniac. Taste in women. And he still put Paul in his place and led one of the greatest bands in history.
Put Paul in his place? He "led" one of the greatest bands?
:rolleyes

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
For me, choosing between Lennon & McCartney is like choosing the best Twinkie out of a two-pack. If I must, though, I'll go with John.

Harrison is a notch below, though still awesome.

As for Ringo, I don't think he gets his due. Listen to a Beatles song - even the early stuff - and give the percussion your sole attention throughout. I think Ringo gets the shaft when these discussions pop up.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Paul
John
Ringo
George
Paul Mccartney is cool... :) i've grown up with the beatles... First fav movie(s) Yellow Submarine and HELP on LD! :) if ya go to my HT site in my sig, u can see a beatles poster thing.. cool... :)

Sam C

Stunt Coordinator
I have a really early demo of "She's Got A Ticket To Ride and the Bitch Don't Care, Man".
Have you listened to it b-words ... You can hear John and Paul conspiring to throw Clarence out of the band and steal all his good ideas ...

I really liked Clarence ... The Saxophone just sounds great in their work ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks