What's new

Who's your favorite Beatle? (1 Viewer)

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
John Lennon will always be my favorite. From the moment I first heard the song A Hard Day's Night, I knew one Beatle was tougher than the others.
I don't need no stinkin' SILLY LOVE SONGS!
biggrin.gif

------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
For me it's pretty much a tie between John and Paul with George every so close and Ringo a distant fourth, but if forced to choose, I'd pick John.
------------------
13-time NBA world champion Lakers: 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Funny.
These sort of polls were common in the sixties (almost 40 years ago, folks). Not on the Internet of course!
laugh.gif

Other important questions were: are you more a fan of The Beatles or The Rolling Stones (they were considered almost incompatible), who do you fancy more: Marianne Faithful (= Stones - As Tears Go By) or Mary Hopkin (=Beatles - Those Were the Days, Knock Knock Who's There), and many more.
And that was even before Yoko Ono succeeded in splitting The Beatles apart...
Cees

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I don't need no stinkin' SILLY LOVE SONGS!
rolleyes.gif

The biggest misconception of the Beatles ever, in my opinion, is that John wrote all the rockers, and Paul wrote all the slow love songs! This is simply not true.
In fact, John and Paul each wrote their share of "love songs" and "rockers", and the percentage was virtually the same.
Remember John's "Dear Prudence", and "All You Need Is Love" just to name a couple?
And how about Paul's "Helter Skelter" and "Why Don't We Do It In The Road?"
I always thought that picking a favorite Beatle was an impossible task. The Beatles would not be The Beatles if you took any one of them away! (yes, even Ringo!)
Therefore, I do not have a favorite Beatle. You cannot seperate them. If you want to compare their careers after they broke up, thats different.
Anyway.....THE BEATLES FOREVER!!!! :)

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
I always thought that picking a favorite Beatle was an impossible task. The Beatles would not be The Beatles if you took any one of them away! (yes, even Ringo!)
Therefore, I do not have a favorite Beatle. You cannot seperate them. If you want to compare their careers after they broke up, thats different.
So why are you participating in this thread? ;)

Tommy G

Screenwriter
I know I will certainly be in the minority but I liked George the best. I thought he was an underrated guitarist and I liked his songs best.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I've always slightly preferred Lennon's style to Paul's, signing/songwriting that is.
But it's darn close. No knock on George who is excellent as well.
My hard and fast rule is to NEVER, EVER listen to the musical opinions of someone who says that there is not a single Beatles song that they like. That's either BS or the person is a musical idiot.
You don't have to love the band, but not unlike CCR the Beatles "Wrote a Song for Everyone" (although in a different meaning ;)).
Stones/Beatles/Zep - I'm never quite sure which I put on top, but I usually see it as a range of songwriting (Beatles) to performance (Zep) with the Stones the compromise. IMO you can't go wrong with loving any of the 3.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
I can't choose between John and Paul. They're both equally great in my mind.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
In terms of the Beatles, I agree that all 4 of them made it special. Even removing Ringo from the equasion would have changed alot.

However, in terms of later solo work, I'd pick John, with Paul as a close second.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks