Who's up for 'STAR BLAZERS' on dvd besides me?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Inspector Hammer!, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    The Voltron thread made me remember this show, one of my favorites of that period along with Voltron and Transor Z.

I used to get all excited when they would get ready to fire the massive 'wave motion gun' on the front of the Yamato or 'Argo' as it was called here in the states.

When will we get this on dvd in complete sets? Who know's, but I want it that's for sure.

2. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    It is on DVD in a boxset but costs around about 150 dollars for 26 episodes. There are three boxsets all 150 dollars each.

3. DanielKellmii

DanielKellmii Supporting Actor

You can rent them on Netflix. In truth, the memory was better than the actual product. But, I still enjoyed watching them.

4. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

www.deepdiscountdvd.com has both individual dvd's and then the boxed "season" sets for $89 delivered. Which is very cheap. I got all three sets and I enjoy them.

5. Tony J Case

Tony J Case Cinematographer

Star Blazers is already out. No, the question you should be asking is when do we get all 3 seasons of Space Cruiser Yamato out! I still have dreams about getting a proper Macross-like boxed set, remastered and restored, with propper dubbing - with the original voice cast (as much as possible).

Sadly, VEI seems to excel at doing discs with as minimal effort as possible. I expect we'll see these sometime after Satan skates to work.

6. Matthew Green

Matthew Green Stunt Coordinator

Star Blazers MAY be out but Best Buy and other stores don't carry it. It needs to come out again so it will be in stores so people can find it.

7. Carlo S

Carlo S Stunt Coordinator

I too would liek Star Blazers, but like Tony J Case, I want to have the actual Space Cruiser Yamato version, origianl language and uncut