Directors Who's the most famous person you have ever met somewhere?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by David Galindo, Sep 14, 2004.

1. David Galindo

David Galindo Screenwriter

For me, that would be James Brown at a Tom Jones concert. He sat right behind me...too cool.

Unfortunately, thats the most famous person Ive personally met (that and Roy Williams & Deion Sanders at a 7-11 in separate incidents). What about you?

2. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

Either Stevie Wonder, Bill Clinton, Dan Rather or Bob Dole, depending on your definition of famous. Also, in most cases, "met", meant nothing more than shaking hands with a very brief conversation.

3. shaniceMW

shaniceMW Stunt Coordinator

Ice T, his brother and Evil E (they were all mad cool), Chuck Norris (he is a class act), Babyface (he's an ass in person), old Degrassi kids, Jodi Whatley, Jane Seymour (met her earlier this year at a design expo. She is a wonderful painter and when I can afford it may buy one of her paintings)... a few more.

4. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

Using the George definition of met:

Stan Lee, Stan Musial, Lou Brock, Jim Palmer (my cousin literally bumped into him at a card show), Bryan Singer.

I was in a movie monster toy store in LA when Frank Darabont came in, but I was too busy looking at the toys to even notice. After we left one of the friends I was with says "Did you notice Frank Darabont was in there?"

5. Bill Williams

Bill Williams Screenwriter

I've met Walter Koenig, Grace Lee Whitney, and Mark Lenard at various Star Trek and sci-fi conventions during the early 1990's. Walter was really candid and funny, Grace was wonderful to meet, and Mark was quite witty.

I've also gotten the opportunity to meet Samuel L. Jackson and Matthew McConaughey at the world premiere of "A Time to Kill" in 1996. Jackson came with his wife, and he was all decked out in yellow from beret to suit, and he was just way too cool. Matthew McConaughey took time to talk with everyone and actually ran late to the start-up of the film!

I also got to meet pro wrestler Sid Vicious at a restaurant on the Gulf Coast about 11 years ago. He really was as imposing-looking in real life as he was in the ring, all muscle and not one ounce of body fat, and he was really warm and friendly to me and my friends. Shook hands with us and gave us autographs, and I wished him good luck on his match the following night.

Another celebrity I've "met", at least through e-mail contact, has been Wil Wheaton (TNG's Wesley Crusher), upon reviewing his two autobiographies.

The one I wish I could have met more than anything is Christopher Reeve. He had come down to Ole Miss to receive a donation to his paralysis foundation from the fraternities of Ole Miss as a result of their annual Charity Bowl football game, and that very weekend I had to go to Albuquerque, New Mexico for a business conference. To this day I still kick myself for that missed opportunity. [​IMG]

6. Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner Cinematographer

Other than Star Trek cast members, I met Kris Novoselic after a seminar on the subject of censorship. We had a short but substantial little chat.

My ex-roommate is good friends with Kenny Laguna (producer/songwriter for Joan Jett and many others). We went backstage once, had a nice conversation with Laguna and briefly mett Joan Jett.

I once served pizza to David Copperfield. As expected, he made the pizza disappear.

When the Seattle Cinerama re-opened, I'm pretty sure I sat behind Paul Allen during Dr. Strangelove but I didn't say anything to him.

7. Joe Fisher

Joe Fisher Screenwriter

Joseph E Fisher
    Many years back my parents owned a business in Cross River, NY & 2 of our regular customers were Vivian Vance(I Love Lucy)& Colleen Dewhurst. I have an autographed picture from Vivian Vance. Was given to me a year before she passed away in 1979. She was an absolute delight to talk to.

8. David Galindo

David Galindo Screenwriter

Wow, thats incredibly awesome!

And yeah, lets define "met" as shaking hands, an autograph, or a long sit down discussion.

9. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Just one, Nichelle Nichols. A very sweet lady.

10. Dan_J_H.

Dan_J_H. Stunt Coordinator

I met Bob Hope in the late 80's at a Borders book store and got his autograph in his book 'Confessions of a Hooker'.

I also met William Shatner at one of the Autorama shows in Detroit.

The person I would MOST want to meet would be Steven Spielberg! My twin brother met Steven while working on staff at a Boy Scout jamboree several years ago.