What's new

Who's the most fabulous female celeb over 50? (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
This isn't a poll....and I'm not asking. This is a report on how out of touch I am.
The thread title is today's USATODAY multiple choice question in the LIFE section of the online edition. Running down the list I got to Charlotte Rampling and without hesitation chose her. The results popped up and I discovered her at the bottom of the list. 1.4% of the over 10,000 voters agreed with me. :frowning:
Goldie Hawn got 28%. Then Cher...etc.
Sharon freaking Osbourne got over twice as many votes as Charlotte.

Trapped in a world I never made,

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Charlotte who? I'm shocked that Tina Turner wasn't even on the list. She hasn't really changed much in the 20 years since her comeback. And, of course, she has the legs of a twenty-something.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
From google:

"Charlotte Rampling was born in Sturmer, England in 1946. The daughter of a British Colonel who became a NATO commander and a painter, she was educated at Jeanne d'Arc Academie pour Jeunnes Filles in Versailles and at the exclusive St. Hilda's school in Bushley, England.

She was a model before entering films in Richard Lester's The Knack in 1965, followed by roles in Georgy Girl (1966) and Luchino Visconti's The Damned (1969). Rampling is best known for her role in Liliana Cavani's The Night Porter (1974), where she played a concentration camp survivor who is reunited with the Nazi guard (Dirk Bogarde) who tortured her throughout her captivity.

In 1974, she co-starred with Sean Connery in John Boorman's science fiction adventure Zardoz, with Robert Mitchum in Farewell My Lovely, with Woody Allen in his 1980 film Stardust Memories and with Paul Newman in Sidney Lumet's The Verdict.

An actress always willing to take on bold and meaningful roles, Rampling had perhaps the most offbeat one in Nagisa Oshima's 1986 comedy Max My Love as Margaret, a woman in love with a chimpanzee."

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Miss Rampling appeared recently in Swimming Pool and Under the Sand. I'm searching for language that won't be too clumsy here. Charlotte was born in February of 1945. So, she's not even a baby boomer, she a WWII child. I've always found her to be extremely foxy, but, she is aging. The thing is, her body (refer to those two movies ;)) is that of a much younger woman.

Again, FABULOUS!

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Until I saw mention of the The Verdict, I too was going "Charlotte who?"

The question was "most famous" and frankly I'm surprised that 1.4% thought she was the most famous. You might not like Cher as much, but can you seriously doubt that Cher is more famous?

John Watson

Screenwriter
In the current thread on the upcoming release of Vanishing point on DVD, there is a reference to CR in some scenes. I probably didn't know as much about her when I first saw that film so can't remember whether it was even in that cut.

I had recently bought ZARDOZ, not realizing she was in it.

And I have a book of pictures of her too :)

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor

Actually, from the Subject, the question was "most fabulous". Of course, Ms. Rampling's numbers were probably low due to her not being as famous as the others...

Personally, I think Susan Sarandon is still quite stunning.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, guess I misread it. Well with fabulous, then you have a right to be upset, though not surprised, since fame is certainly going to come into play.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Mmm.

Until I think of someone else, my vote in this category goes to Sigourney Weaver.

Cees

Dennis

Second Unit
Danny took my original answer but I remembered another lovely lady who's still fabulous, Barbara Carrera.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Are you asking who is STILL hot at aged 50? Or do you mean someone who is 50 (or older) and used to be hot.

If it's the latter, I think Myrna Loy was totally hot in the 1930's through 1950's. But if you mean the former, I'd go with Susan Sarandon.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Glad you all sorted out the "fabulous vs. famous" question amongst yourselves.
As to the "Charlotte who?" queries...I have Charlotte Rampling in BOLD right up there in the first post.

wally

Second Unit
A few for consideration. No particular order.

Beverly D'Angelo

In waiting
Mimi Rodgers (b. 1956)
Jamie Lee Curtis (b. 1958)

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Christie Brinkley will be joining this group early next year. I haven't seen a photo of her recently, but the last ones I saw she was still very hot.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
We weren't saying we didn't know you were talking about Charlotte Rampling. We were saying we didn't know who Charlotte Rampling was.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks