Who's selling their MC-1 for the MC-8?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Morgan, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Steve Morgan

Steve Morgan Second Unit

Steve
    Sitting here contemplating this issue right now.I wish the 8 had the outputs for 3 subs.

2. GordonL

GordonL Supporting Actor

If I could sell my MC-1 and only had to pony up an additional $1-1.5k, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Does anyone know if the trade-in price is only good towards the full MSRP or does that vary by dealer? I was told that in the past, the dealer got the full trade-in value back from Lexicon so the dealer didn't really lose anything. If this is still true, there might be deals to be made. [​IMG]

3. Michael Mohrmann

Michael Mohrmann Screenwriter

Gordon,
    I think it depends on the relationship with a dealer. Some people were able to get the full trade-in value of their MC-1 ($4000) towards the purchase of the MC-12 ($9000), but at a discount on the MC-12's MSRP. So, for some MC-1 owners, the upgrade price was not $5000 but more like $3000.
    My dealers (two of them) would not offer $4000 on my MC-1 for trade-in, instead deferring to Lexicon for the trade-in value. At the time, I understood this to be about $2500 for my MC-1. In addition, no local Lexicon dealer was discounting the MC-12, so my upgrade price would have been $6500, a far cry from the ~$3000 some people were able to get.
    Good luck! [​IMG]
    Michael

4. PaulXH

PaulXH Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone been able to get their dealer to say how much the trade-in cost would be? And when will it go on sale? Thanks

5. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

6. Steve Morgan

Steve Morgan Second Unit

Steve
    Unoffically they say the MC-8 will be $5995 and $6995 for the balanced unit. I have seen the MC-12 for $6995 why not just buy the 12 if this is the case? The site is a little vague on all the features. I will wait until tthe comparisons and reveiws come out.

Steve

7. Shawn Fogg

Shawn Fogg Stunt Coordinator

Steve,

" I have seen the MC-12 for $6995 why not just buy the 12 if this is the case?"

That would be assuming you will pay list on the MC-8. If you can get a similiar discount on the MC-8 then it isn't as simple a choice.

Shawn