What's new

Who's selling their MC-1 for the MC-8? (1 Viewer)

GordonL

Supporting Actor
If I could sell my MC-1 and only had to pony up an additional $1-1.5k, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Does anyone know if the trade-in price is only good towards the full MSRP or does that vary by dealer? I was told that in the past, the dealer got the full trade-in value back from Lexicon so the dealer didn't really lose anything. If this is still true, there might be deals to be made. :)

Mifr44

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Gordon,
I think it depends on the relationship with a dealer. Some people were able to get the full trade-in value of their MC-1 ($4000) towards the purchase of the MC-12 ($9000), but at a discount on the MC-12's MSRP. So, for some MC-1 owners, the upgrade price was not $5000 but more like $3000.
My dealers (two of them) would not offer $4000 on my MC-1 for trade-in, instead deferring to Lexicon for the trade-in value. At the time, I understood this to be about $2500 for my MC-1. In addition, no local Lexicon dealer was discounting the MC-12, so my upgrade price would have been $6500, a far cry from the ~$3000 some people were able to get.
Good luck! :)
Michael

PaulXH

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone been able to get their dealer to say how much the trade-in cost would be? And when will it go on sale? Thanks

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Has anyone been able to get their dealer to say how much the trade-in cost would be? And when will it go on sale?
Since Lexicon hasn't said anything official yet, anything from a dealer would be speculation. Unofficial reports at SMR Forums indicate a trade-in value of $3000 for the MC-1, with the program for the MC-8 to start in March and the MC-8B at some later date.
M.

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Unoffically they say the MC-8 will be $5995 and $6995 for the balanced unit. I have seen the MC-12 for $6995 why not just buy the 12 if this is the case? The site is a little vague on all the features. I will wait until tthe comparisons and reveiws come out.

Steve

Shawn Fogg

Stunt Coordinator
Steve,

" I have seen the MC-12 for $6995 why not just buy the 12 if this is the case?"

That would be assuming you will pay list on the MC-8. If you can get a similiar discount on the MC-8 then it isn't as simple a choice.

Shawn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks