Who's pre ordered the new Harry Potter book?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Andrew Pratt, Apr 16, 2003.

1. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

And which version did you get? I just ordered the kids version from amazon.ca and apparently Canada Post just announced they're going to deliver them on the Saturday!

2. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

When does it come out? Its not this month is it?

3. Michelle Schmid

Michelle Schmid Stunt Coordinator

Michelle Schmid
    No, not this month. It comes out June 21. I pre-ordered back in January. Now I just have to fight with my son to see who gets to read it first!

This is the first time I've ever pre-ordered a book! DVDs, sure, all the time, but a book? Never thought I'd do it.

4. Kim Donald

Kim Donald Stunt Coordinator

Kim Donald Houde-Martens
    I ordered the UK version from Amazon.de (Germany) and it even had a 30% discount and free shipping. With almost no bookstores in Germany giving Discounts on even German books you have to love Amazon.
    kd

5. Paul_Medenwaldt

Paul_Medenwaldt Supporting Actor

I ordered my copy from Overstock.com. (i'm not sure how a book that isn't released yet can be sold at Overstock.com) [​IMG]

The price was roughly $14.38 for the book and at the time of pre-order i also purchased Angel Season One and used a coupon for $5 off.

Paul

6. Michael Fennessy

Michael Fennessy Stunt Coordinator

Michael Fennessy
    I pre-ordered months ago. Just glad to hear that they are giving Saturday deliveries to all those that take standard shipping.

7. DaveMcS

DaveMcS Second Unit

Preodered mine and I just received an email from Amazon saying they would upgrade shipping to all but "super-savers" so that we have the book ON the day of release !!

I had some ecoupons on file so my final total shipped was 6.99 [​IMG]

Thinking of going back to preorder the Audio CD too but at $50.+/- I have to think 'bout that for a bit..

8. Chris Farmer

Chris Farmer Screenwriter

Not me. I'm going to reserve a copy at my local B&N or Borders, so I can have it at midnight. I have a streak to keep up, I've read each of the 4 Harry Potter books the same day I started them. Goblet of Fire was quite the endurance run to polish that sucker off in one day. fortunately I was at work, though, so that helped give me extra time.