What's new

Who's playing Ghost Recon tonight? 02/03 (1 Viewer)

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I've only played a few times. Mostly spend my time with MotoGP. The few times I've played G.R. some jagoffs would stand by the respawn and whack you as soon as you spawned.

...fun...

:thumbsdown:

I must be missing something since I really enjoyed the game.

JayV

Supporting Actor
Derrik, my experience with GR is very different playing with the HTF folks.

Give it another shot, but this time join up with HTF members (there are regular Monday night games at 9pm and semi-regular games on Thursday night). I think you'll enjoy it.

-j

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Derrik, my experience with GR is very different playing with the HTF folks.
I thoroughly agree. I've had nothing but fun playing with the HTF guys on Ghost Recon, except when being sniped from five miles away by Mr.James, but that goes without saying ;)

James T

Screenwriter
Sometimes you can't avoid respawn killers. I've only played a couple games with the HTF crew, but not only are they a tough bunch to play with, they are fair. I never dealt with anyone killing me once I respawned.

If you visit the Ghost Recon forum at the official Xbox web site, you'll see some people are actually proud of being respawn killers. Then there are those who get killed and wait until the end of the match before they hit the respawn button and claim they won the match cause they only died once.

JayV

Supporting Actor
Derrik: I'll add you and if I'm on tomorrow night I'll try to send you an invite (my only downside in GR is trouble finding/joining games).

Ryan: You beat me to it. Nice ...

-j

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
i have to add a few new people to my friends list as i didnt have them on it. look to see some new faces while playing. Im tired of poisonjam killing me :)

capt

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
That's cool. It's only natural that you'll get the jackasses that cheat. Being a "respawn killer", imho, is akin to cheating. Hell, even MotoGP has it's share of friggin' morons that like to drive backwards and wait at the apex's of curves, just to piss you off.

I guess I don't understant that type of playing. Those type of people are missing THE WHOLE DAMN IDEA OF THE GAME!!!!

But anyhoo, enough of my rant. I kind of figured that the HTF guys would be cool. Everyone here that I ever ran against in Moto was a good player, in all senses of the word.

Since I have such minimal experience with G.R. live, there is no doubt I'm WAAAAAAAY below the abilities of you guys, at this time. I'd be quite the liability on any team I was on.

...think I'm going to have to get some practice in. :emoji_thumbsup:

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
I played a game tonight where the starting points for both teams were RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER. Right off the bat I was getting fired on. Some guys hung around that starting point, and were respawn killers. the only thing was if you waited over 5 seconds to respawn you ended up in a different place. Also there was high amount of spawns on so it wasn't a big deal. I ended up with 25 kills with quite a few respawn kills just because I was in that spot defending myself from them and if I moved I would have gotten fried. It was a weird situation but strangely fun.

JayV

Supporting Actor
there is no doubt I'm WAAAAAAAY below the abilities of you guys, at this time
You won't hear any complaints from me if you're on my team and you're a lousy player. I like to win sometimes (okay, all the time), but there is no ladder, championship or prize. I'm playing to have a good time.

I think you'll find that attitude is not a rare one here.

My very first game with HTFers -- and my second game total -- is the reason (thank God!) I kept Ghost Recon. I can't remember everyone playing, except Romier and Travis. They were kind to the the FNG (New Guy). I killed no one, but I learned a bit and had a good time.

-j

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Since I have such minimal experience with G.R. live, there is no doubt I'm WAAAAAAAY below the abilities of you guys, at this time. I'd be quite the liability on any team I was on.
All the more reason to join up with HTF guys! There's a wide range of abilities from the likes of me at the bottom to the likes of MrJames & his sniping at the top ;) Seriously, to everyone's having issues with GR - you NEED to try it out on a Monday night with the rest of us, it's a whole different game. Teamplay & tactics *do* exist!

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Let me just play devil's advocate for a minute. I've played several games where I have stumbled upon the opponent's respawn point while running around, and once I realize it I try to back away without firing. But I always end up with a noggin full of lead for my troubles. Especially in the smaller maps like Training, it is tough not to pull the trigger when someone pops up in front of you, because they will immediately blast you if you don't. In those situations I will take a bullet rather than "camp", but you can see how others might not.

Second point--there is a hardcore group of guys that my buddy plays with, and once in a while I join them for some humiliation--they ALWAYS spawn-camp. The whole game becomes who can find the other person's spawn point first. And the challenge for the camped-upon is to respawn and fire back furiously to try to beat off the assault on their base. It takes a while, and a whole mess of dying, but it is possible. It's certainly a different way to play the game, and honestly it's not one that I prefer, but I guess I'm trying to say that not all campers are "cheaters", and some people do enjoy playing that way. (I'm not one of them, for the record.)

And Joey, if you feel like I'm picking on you in our games, it's only because I can never find that wily PPH2. :D

Looking forward to tonight, fellas!

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Nice post Dave. I still think if you wait over 5 seconds to respawn they put you in a different respawn area though. It's your choice to be put in the same spot (and know what your bearings will be) or get a random spot. Unless they know every close respawn spot and all of them are camping on different areas, then it sucks. The way that respawn could suck the most is when there are limited respawns like 3, and you get popped right off the bat 2 times in a row and are done.

Romar Armas

Second Unit
Who usually does the hosting? I've been playing with my friends every night since one of them can host 6 of us without any lag whatsoever. However, I would like the opportunity to play with you guys. :D What time tonight?

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
Looking forward to another fun night of HTF GR!

I will be on at 9:00 pm ET and would love to run some missions in co-op mode if anyone wants to get more familiar with the maps or guns - maybe we can work on a little strategy?

See ya,

Bryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks