Who's picking up The Doors Legacy: The Absolute Best today? Lynyrd Skynyrd Thyrty?

Discussion in 'Music' started by KeithH, Aug 12, 2003.

1. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

The new Doors two-disc compilation, Legacy: The Absolute Best is out today. I'll be grabbing it. Anyone else? For those looking for a good deal, Best Buy is advertising it for $15.99. Circuit City is advertising it for $16.99.

Best Buy is also advertising the Lynyrd Skynyrd Thyrty two-disc set for just $12.99 (Circuit City $14.99). Does anyone know who is mastering Thyrty?

2. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

Keith,

Thanks for the "heads up" on The Doors CD. I was completely unaware of this release. I have most of their stuff on disc, but with the addition of the song Celebration of the Lizard, this makes the CD a must buy.

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Marty, no problem. I knew the Doors compilation was coming out, but didn't know when. Then I saw it advertised in the Best Buy and Circuit City fliers in Sunday's paper. I picked it up yesterday for $15.99 at Best Buy. Although I have yet to compare it to any of my ridiculous number of Doors CDs, I am quite pleased with the sound.

4. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

5. Peter Mazur

Peter Mazur Second Unit

Was "The Celebration of the Lizard" ever recorded in the studio? Or is this a live version? I thought the only part of the poem recorded was "Not To Touch The Earth".

6. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

This is definitely a studio version of the song that is listed as previously unreleased.

7. Peter Mazur

Peter Mazur Second Unit

Very cool. I will have to pick this up then.

8. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

I broke down and bought the new comp since it looks like the Complete long box is just going to be the same as the 1999 cube (ie. no bonus tracks).

I bought this for the studio version of The Celebration of The Lizard (17 minutes BTW). I may never listen to it again, but it is OK. The sound is fine but for the most part the band, particularly Robbie, seem disinterested. The liner notes say it was recorded 1969/70 but who knows since that is all the liner notes say.

9. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Marty, I am very pleased with the song selection on disc two. While I have these tracks on other CDs, there are some tracks there that haven't been on a Doors CD compilation before.

10. Marvin

Marvin Screenwriter

Marvin