Who's NOT been receiving their DVD's via mail? (also, Circuit City rots)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt_Stevens, Sep 17, 2001.

1. Matt_Stevens

Matt_Stevens Supporting Actor

EDIT: Because two responders did not (apparently) read my entire post and therefore, did not not understand what the post was about, I am deleting it to save the forum from any additional problems. I apologize to anyone who had to read the negative posts below.
    The topic of my post was three fold:
    #1. Those that received OPERA and SUSPIRIA, how did they arrive? In other words, by what method? I wanted to know this so as to know what forms of mail were most affected by the current events
    (By the way, I also have numerous packages that were mailed last week that are important and this would help me understand how long they will be delayed).
    #2. I worried about getting OPERA exchanged if it was defective. See my post way below for more on that.
    #3. Circuit City is a joke, as they don't stock any Argento's, don't have them listed in their books and have never even heard of AKIRA. The post was an insult to them.
    That's it. Nothing about the tragedy was supposed to me seen in this post. It was not about the tragedy at all and I am sorry if anyone thought that. It is unfortunate that a couple posters did not understand and took it upon themselves to post some pretty offensive remarks.
    I thank the poster who deleted his. No hard feelings.
    Have a good day.
    [Edited last by Matt_Stevens on September 17, 2001 at 04:54 PM]

2. Rob Willey

Rob Willey Screenwriter

Rob
    My Blow DVD shipped USPS First Class last Tuesday but hasn't arrived yet. Ordinarily, I would have had it last week.
    All things considered, I couldn't care less.
    Rob
    ------------------
    "That suits me down to the ground."

3. soop.spoon

soop.spoon Supporting Actor

(edited myself out of respect for the moderators)
    [Edited last by Jack Harasta on September 17, 2001 at 03:04 PM]

4. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

Maybe a slight rephrazing is in order. Has anyone received their email from DVDEmpire saying that their order has shipped?
    Glenn

5. Ricky f

Ricky f Supporting Actor

It is understandable with the recent tradgedy. I ordered some DVD's and they told me that It would be two weeks when they have it in stock before that can ship, so I swopped retailers and I will be getting my DVD's in a few days.
    But But But, I am not complaining because there are far more important things going on.
    Regards,
    Ricky
    ------------------
    Please help convince Warner to release Stephen King's IT On DVD
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/003344.html

6. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I received the Chaplin box set from DVDEmpire on Saturday. That was after receiving an email a week earlier stating that the order was being processed. Not too long a wait, all things considered.
    Edit: Matt, did you try looking for the Suspiria L.E. at Best Buy? As I mentioned to you previously, my local BB had plenty in stock. Circuit City however, is freakin' worthless...
    ------------------
    He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
    -- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain
    [Edited last by SteveGon on September 17, 2001 at 02:18 PM]

7. Kevin Leonard

Kevin Leonard Supporting Actor

8. Matt_Stevens

quote: Matt...perhaps youve been asleep since September 10th, but we are on the brink of WWIII right now. All US flights were cancelled from 9:30am Tuesday morning to sometime Thursday...Fedex, UPS, and the US Postal Service are STILL backed up on things that were supposed to arrive early last week.[/quote]
    Mike, if it were not for the forum rules, my response would be riddled with some very colorful language. You have got a lot of nerve accusing me of not caring for the safety of the citizens of the United States. Nowhere in my post do I even insinuate such disgusting thoughts.
    My post was simply asking who was getting their DVDs and who wasn't, AND pointing out how lousy Circuit City's buying patterns are. I also mentioned the problems with OPERA (which are cause for concern).
    I personally have lost friends who were in WTC #1 and my girlfriend lost one of her closest friends, as well as many co-workers. So keep your all important attitude and accusations to yourself.
    I just re-read my entire post and nowhere do I complain about the horrible events of last week keeping my DVDs from me! I wouldn't dare. You are way out of line (so are you, Jack Harasta).
    EDIT: Steve, no Best Buy's anywhere near me, though one is being built and will be open by Christmas.
    ------------------
    www.deceptions.net/superman
    [Edited last by Matt_Stevens on September 17, 2001 at 02:50 PM]

9. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Members,
    Neither myself or my fellow moderators are in the mood for members who are not civil nor respectful to each other. I don't care who starts it but the moderating staff will finish it! This will be the only warning you'll get in this matter.
    Crawdaddy
    ------------------
    [Edited last by Robert Crawford on September 17, 2001 at 04:32 PM]

10. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    does it really matter right now how long a dvd gets to us in the mail right now?i agree we should try to live as close to normal as possable but sheesh who cares if a dvd takes a couple weeks longer to get there. it will get there just wait.
    nothing i ordered has taken longer then normal and if it did so what!!

11. Matt_Stevens

Tony, you are mising the point! This was not what my post was about. It was about the Opera defect. It was about Circuit City's terrible stocking practices. AND I requested info on how current OPERA and SUPIRIA owners received their packages.
    ------------------

12. Gary Rhine

Gary Rhine Stunt Coordinator

I am still getting Netflix DVDs in South Carolina sent from California. Now if I could just get in the mood to watch them.
    ------------------
    Gary J. Rhine
    My Home Theater

13. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

Matt,
    I understand the intent of your original post, but people are still very upset and emotions running high. I think it best to leave some things alone.
    But yes, all packages are going to be delayed and while you're concerned with exchanges, I believe that 30 days is from the arrival date and not the shipping date. If not, it is apparent that retailers must take the current situation into consideration when customers receive a defective disc. The retailers know you won't get your disc in the normal timeframe.
    ------------------
    My DVDs
    "Some people think I'm over-prepared, paranoid...maybe even a little crazy. But they never met any pre-Cambrian life forms, did they?"

14. Matt_Stevens

Julie, I have gone so far as to post an edit, saying that nobody should misunderstand my post in any way being a complaint about delayed shippings. Just because tempers are hot, doesn't mean someone should get away with making an accusation that is simply not true.
    I have been deply hurt and offended that anyone would in any way think I am being uncaring about what happened last week. Examing my posts in the after hours lounge will show you how deeply this tragedy ahs affected me personaly, as well as many that I know.
    By the way, OPERA just arrived. It crashed my Toshiba. [​IMG] I'll try the Malata later.
    ------------------

15. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Matt: To anwser your original question, I wouldn't be surprised if you can't return the disc. I have a disc which has been "preparing to ship" since late yesterday. To me, this just means that they won't take a hit due to a national tragedy. They ARE a business after all. Look for them to take advantage of any situation in anyway they can. They may be a bit more understanding out of good PR, though.
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection
    My Preorders
    My Wishlist

16. Matt_Stevens

I just got off the phone with a very understanding 800.com employee who offered me a credit. I told him I'd get back to him later this week, in hopes Anchor Bay will have news for us tomorrow on a possible repressing. I have already pre-ordered everything I want over the next few months, so I'd rather have a working replacement for my copy.
    I know I'll ask that question at the chat if nobody else does before me.
    ------------------

17. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

My Suspiria and Opera DVDs arrived today (thankfully as I need my Argento fix now) from 800.com (they were shipped last Monday).
    And thankfully my Opera DVD isn't defective (I tried 2 DVD players so far and no problems playing it past the layer change).
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    DVD In Detail - DVD Reviewer
    My DVD Collection / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
    "I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

18. Alex Morrow

Alex Morrow Stunt Coordinator

I've had no problems with DVDEmpire. My order shipped last Friday and I got it today on Monday. So that's the normal time frame I see with them. Which is good since I get the discs about a day before street.
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection

19. Roger Mathus

Roger Mathus Supporting Actor

Roger Mathus
    Shipping by Fed Ex and UPS seem to be back to normal as they operate their own planes to major destinations. I live in Tokyo and received parcels sent last Friday from both in normal time. Monday for Fed Ex and Tuesday for UPS. It is now Tuesday morning in Tokyo. I read in the media, however, that parcels and mail are prohibited from passenger flights for the time being. This might cause some delays, particularly in U.S. and Canada.

20. Matt_Stevens

Matthew, you are one of the few, that's for sure. WIsh I was one! I wonder how so many bad copies could go out. This is far worse than the POINT BREAK situation. I just hope my SUSPIRIA is a-OK. I'm going to try and watch it all tonight after O'Reilly.
    ------------------