1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

WHO'S HEARD OF TRAVIS?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Dick, May 20, 2006.

1. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    I rarely have the radio on in my car, but one night I stumbled upon a station that was airing the entire "Singles" CD by the Scottish Band TRAVIS. Damn, what fine music! I downloaded a couple dozen tracks from itTunes and play the CD burn constantly. Can't get the song "Turn" out of my head.

Anyone else?

Their web site http://www.travisonlineus.com/ mentions that a new CD is on the way, and I can't wait.

2. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

3. Grant B

Grant B Producer

They opened for Oasis many moons ago ~1999 maybe?
    Liked there stage show and their album was ok but notgreat.
    I am sure a greatest hits would be awesome....if they put out more than 2 albums like some recent bands

4. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

Their first popular album The Man Who was a miserable affair with a couple of standout songs - "Why Does It Always Rain On Me" (big hit single over here) and "Turn". By 'miserable' I simply mean it tends to induce happy individuals into a state of coma, but some of the songs were good regardless.

Their second album The Invisible Band was more upbeat and a bit happier (I guess the money earned from the first helped!). Killer tracks "Side" and "Pipe Dreams" but the overall quality is good.

However their third 12 Memories did nothing for me at all. All the tracks kind of merge into one with nothing outstanding to me. It me put me off a bit that they had a track named "Peace The F*** Out". I mean, like it's cool to swear in a song, right? [​IMG]

After that I haven't followed their progress. Still listen to the earlier material though.