Who's got Advance Wars 2?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chris Rock, Jun 26, 2003.

1. Chris Rock

Chris Rock Supporting Actor

Haven't picked this one up yet, mainly because I've not finished the original.

Any impressions? All the reviews I've read have been positive.

I love my GBA.

2. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

I'm hoping to take a look at this one over the weekend. I just picked it up last night, but had a volleyball game to play afterward. So, it's sitting on the table by the door at home. D'oh.

Glen

3. KenKeith

KenKeith Extra

I picked it up on Wednesday. I'm only a few missions in but so far it's fun... the tutorial stuff (unskippable) is annoying during the early missions though if you played the first game.

I finally finished the last mission of Advance Wars before I started on AW2, so anything seems fun compared to that. I swear I wasted a good 12 hours on that last stage since every run through takes 3-4 hours.

One thing I like better so far is that you have several missions available to you at a time so you can choose the order you complete them. Both AW and AW2 look great on the Gameboy Player. (so does Metroid Fusion, Link to the Past, and Megaman Zero. I think WarioWare looks better on the portable)

4. Ben Seibert

Ben Seibert Stunt Coordinator

I've been considering this, but from what I've played it looks like there is only one new unit -- the NeoTank. Are there others or is that it? I'm not sure some new COs and simgle player missions are enough for a $30 game.

5. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

Ben,

There's a lot of changes beyond the neo-tank, but they are fairly subtle. The neo is the Heavy Tank that AW was always missing, pretty much it just fills out the proper unit line up.

The other new "units" are really stationary cannons, pipes, and such that aren't built but part of the map design (like a city or factory.) The difference here is that you can and are sometimes required to blow them up.

The CO powers are juggled around a bit (mostly for the better.) Eagle doesn't get that incredibly powerful 2nd attack so easily anymore and the underpowered COs now get some nice upgrades.

All in all, it is a fantastic game. Keeps the parts of AW that worked, improves the areas that were a little shaky. I can't stop playing it, that's the best reccommendation I can offer for any game [​IMG]

6. James Davis

James Davis Agent

Do you need 2 copies to play all aspects of Multiplayer?