Who's been to Tahiti?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Mark Frank, Jul 25, 2003.

1. Mark Frank

Mark Frank Stunt Coordinator

My wife and I are taking a 7-day cruise through French Polynesia for our 10th wedding anniversary in October. We'll be visiting Tahiti, Bora Bora, Moorea, and Huahine.

I'm looking through the possibilities for to the best things to do in each place. Possible excursions include:

-Visiting a motu for snorkling and a picnic
    -Several snorkeling trip
    -Visiting a pearl farm
    -Several 4x4 trips
    -Several sightseeing trips

For anyone who's been lucky enough to go there, is there anything you did that you would highly recommend or not recommend?

2. Khoa Tran

Khoa Tran Supporting Actor

laying on the beach, enjoying the desolate virgin beachs and lagoons, you'll have to be there to see what i mean....

you should fly there because it's a waste of time on the cruise, when you get to the island you'll never want to leave...

oh yeah, drinking while swimming, best experience i had

3. Kevin Farley

Kevin Farley Second Unit

And take a ride out to Teahupoo and ride a few combers for me [​IMG]

4. Grant B

Grant B Producer

I was not impressed, too damn hot and buggy. Went to the Club Med and I thought it was a total rip-off. Drinks were $$$ and you had no other choices
    But that's just me.
    Hope you have fun
    Grant

5. Kevin_Kr

Kevin_Kr Supporting Actor

Is this a radison seven seas trip? My wife and I went in March and it is phenomenal!! Your first day is a sunday and everything is closed on th islan, so you can pay to go to a beach if you want that day. The next day you go to a beach owned by the cruise line, nice nice beach. Don't do an excursion on this day, just go to the private motu, free foods and free drinks that day and its a blast. For excursions I would do the snorkeling with sharks and stingrays for sure. Free room service, and great food. My wife and I would awake in the morning and eat room service on our patio, then off to the island. We would come back in the early afternoon, have room service, then take a nap. If you want any other ?'s answered just let me know.

6. Ralph Summa

Ralph Summa Supporting Actor

My wife and I spent our honeymoon in French Polynesia. We did 5 days on Tahiti and 5 days on Moorea. We stayed in hotels and arranged our excursions in the lobby. I'm guessing that your cruiseline would have a place where you could arrange these types of things.

We did a 4x4 safari to various scenic spots and waterfalls on the main island which was wonderful. On Moorea, we booked a Motu picnic with snorkeling expedition and we booked a trip where we swam with sharks which was an adrenaline rush like you wouldn't believe. I highly recommend that. Our hotels listed a bunch of things, but I don't recall a pearl farm visit. We also rented a car one day and took a drive around Moorea which didn't take very long at all. It was about $150 for a tiny Fiat but it still was fun.

Ralph

7. Dave Morton

Dave Morton Supporting Actor

Dave
    I went to Tahiti on my honeymoon too. 3 days on Moorea, 3 days on Bora Bora, and 3 days on Tahiti. I would definitely just rent a car on any of the islands and explore them. There is a trail on either Bora Bora or Moorea (I can't remember which) where you can hike to a water fall. There were people swimming in there. As for those 4x4 trips, hold on. They go up these seemingly vertical landscapes.

Also on Moorea, go to the local distillary. They give you free samples to taste and of course to buy.

Anywhere you go, you will be happy.