What's new

Whoooo baby, Dayton 12'' DVC busts onto the scenes!! (1 Viewer)

SteveSpoon

Stunt Coordinator
Got my Dayton 12" DVC from Acoustic Visions via Parts Express.....wow, am I impressed!! Nearly pulled my back out of joint picking it up, but it was worth it.

Pulled the cheapo sub out of the Jensen, slipped in the DVC, and threw in Blackhawk Down.....oh man, does that sub crank!! Didn't push it that hard, on fear of damaging the sub from the little amp in the Jensen, but what quality this sub is. Now need to get off my butt, build a real cabinet for it (the Jensen pressed cardboard box probably is strangling the sub a little!!), and pick up a good plate amp (although maybe I should save my my M-80 for the sub......hmmmmmm, decisions, decisions!!).

Many thanks to Kyle over at Acoustic Visions. Super fast shipping, great communication, just a real class act to deal with. Plus, he saved me a few bucks by ordering thru him rather than going thru Parts Express directly....it don't git' no better than that!! I'll be back for more.

Steve
"One happy customer"

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Steve,
Glad to hear another DIY convert. BTW, how do you pull out your back picking up a 12" driver unless you're a 50 lb. weakling? :)
Brian

SteveSpoon

Stunt Coordinator
I guess I was so happy to see the BBT pull up, I just couldn't contain myself and just broke down in a pitiful state of weeping; I didn't have any strength left. Plus, the driver pretended to "trip" coming out of the truck and I almost had a heart attack. He thought it was funny, but I just couldn't see the humor in it. I fly the UPS next day air into this area, so I know most of the drivers (they are good people) and on occasion they come up with "funny" things like this. Clown.

But you're right, it is pitiful/embarassing to see a 5'11", 185 lb. man struggle with a 20 pound box, with tears of joy coming out of his face.

Steve

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Good to hear Steve! If you think it sounds good now just wait until you build an enclosure that optimizes the driver :D

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Steve,

LOL! I gotta give you marks for creativity! BTW, I felt the same way when my Blueprint 1803 showed up. Only it weighed 60 lbs! I knew that up front but I still really wasn't prepared for it when I had to lift it off the front porch!

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks