What's new

Whoo hooo.....got my 8" sub from parts express!!!!! (1 Viewer)

SteveSpoon

Stunt Coordinator
Just got my 8" Dayton sub from Parts Express along with my Cherry Vinyl wrap. Wanted the black vinyl, but they were out of it, so, got the cherry.

Anyway, I'm a little confused on the box I'm going to build. Got the plans off of the Parts Express website. Plans are pretty simple, but the measurements are goofy.....For example:

One side is 9.5"
Another side is 9.5"
Another side is 8.429"............what kind of measurement is that?

I don't have a tape measure for that last measurement.
Thanks for any help/guidance.

Steve

SteveSpoon

Stunt Coordinator
http://www.partsexpress.com/pdf/295-545%20sealed.pdf

I don't know how to hotlink, so hope you can access these plans.

Sub is the Dayton 8" Quatro. Just wanted something to mess around with. Looking to build something that has "mid-bass".

Chris: That is an awesome looking sub!! Nice job!! ;) My sub will look the same (and hopefully as nice!!) since I also will be using the cherry vinyl.

Almost thinking about picking up another 8" Quatro and having two subs to run on my Technics SA-810 receiver, controlled by my Yamaha DSP-E492 processor. Both of these old boat anchors are sitting around collecting dust....would like to put them to use doing something. Currently running my yamaha M-80 amp, C-80 preamp, a bunch of the other regular components, and running 3 pairs of speakers with my amp (JBL, Bose, and Yamaha speakers.....just a huge mix of mis-matched stuff!!)

I want to run these two mini subs with my current stereo system which is located upstairs in my house. My home theater stuff is downstairs and the sub for that system will be my Dayton 12"DVC driven by a Parts Express 250 watt plate amp, sitting in my 3.0 Cubic foot 1" MDF cabinet.

Any other thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

Steve

:) :)

Chris Brock

Second Unit
Thanks!! I think you will probebly find the the little 8" Quatro is a fun driver to play with. The enclosure I made is around 1.2 cubic feet and tuned to around 30hz. The 100wrms plate amp is a perfect match for it. At low to moderate levels it sounds absolutly wonderful and seems to have much more extension then one would expect from such a small unit. If you are use to big bass it will seem to run out of steam pretty quick. But the sub it replaced was some sony sub from a HTIB and my friend said the difference was mind blowing, he couldnt get the grin off his face.

SteveSpoon

Stunt Coordinator
I'm using yours as a benchmark Chris on how nice I'm going to try and make mine look. :)

Before I get too far into my 12"Dayton DVC project, I want to build a couple of these passive sub enclosures using the 8" Dayton. Want to use my Technics sa-810 receiver piped thru my Yamaha DSP-E492 processor and just set these subs alongside my other 3 pairs of speakers and just use them to enhance the bass.

Hope it works...........lots of fun anyway you slice it, though!!

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks