Whole house audio

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tim Hall, Dec 16, 2001.

1. Tim Hall

Tim Hall Auditioning

I am building a house with a HT and whole-house audio. What is the opinion of an Integra 8.2 receiver with A-Bus for the house verses a Russound amp/controller and the same receiver or maybe a Denon 3802?

My budget for the receiver with whole house audio (eg. A-Bus or Russound) is about $5000-any suggestions?

2. Jeff_Czyz

Jeff_Czyz Extra

I just finished up a whole house audio for a friend and used the Russound Amp/Control with the standard keypads.

The one I used was a 6 zone. It was easy to install, and very straight forward to get going. We ended up adding some speakers with volume controls so 3 of the zones power 3 sets of speakers. According to one of the Russound techs, you can use 2-3 sets of speakers on a couple of zones and still power it if you use some impendance matching volume controls.

I did what they recommended and it worked. I'm a complete novice and really don't know that much about HT equipment , speakers etc. Both myself and my friend were very happy they way the final system sounded.