whole house audio hookup question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Matt Weldy, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Matt Weldy

Matt Weldy Second Unit

I have two recievers and one cd player. One reciever feeds the house and the other feeds the theater. What I want is to be able to have the cd feed the whole house while I watch a dvd or whatever in the theater. But also be able to listen to cd in the whole house and theater.

What I have already done was hook the cd up to the theater reciever and the record out to the whole house. That worked however I had to have the theater reciever on cd and that defeated the purpose. So my question is what should I do. Will the cd player feed analog and pcm at the same time, if so then problem solved. Bascially somebody just tell me how to hook it up.

Thanks

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    If the CD player has both digital and analog outputs, send one to each receiver. They should both work at the same time; I’ve never seen a CD player with any kind of output selector switch.

If not, use a pair of “y” splitters and send the analog signal to both receivers.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

3. Matt Weldy

Matt Weldy Second Unit

What if I put the cd player into the whole house amp and then took the whole house amp record out into the cd in on the theater amp?

4. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    That would work. Of course, the first amp has to have the “CD” input selected to send the signal to the theater amp, but I'm sure you know that.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt