What's new

Who'd Like To See "Animaniacs?" (1 Viewer)

Dan Shogren

Stunt Coordinator
I think we should orginize a campain to get all the great WB toons on dvd. (especially freakazoid. "Wanna see a bear riding a motorcycle? ........."WOULD I!?"):D :emoji_thumbsup:

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
I would love to see "Animaniacs" on DVD. It's never even on anymore and DVD woudl be a great way to preserve it.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
"Helloooooooooo Nurse!"
Oh, yeah, I'd be all over a set like this. Actually, there are two Animaniacs shorts I know are on DVD, because I've got 'em. They're the videos for "Istanbul" and "Particle Man" on the They Might Be Giants' Direct From Brooklyn disc. $10 at www.DeepDiscountDVD.com! Why wait?

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I definetly want to see Animaniacs on DVD in season format only. I love all of Animaniacs but, IMO, Mindy & Buttons are the best part of the episodes.

While I'm on the subject, I would also love to see these Warner animated TV shows on DVD in season format such as:

Freakazoid!
Pinky and the Brain
Taz-Mania
Tiny Toon Adventures
What's New Scooby-Doo?

And since Warner also owns the Hanna-Barbera library, they should also release the HB library on DVD in season format.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Season sets of Animaniacs would be awesome. But I think they should also release special collections, like one with all the educational ones. The Nations of the World, The Capitols, etc.

Mike Farley

Auditioning
Does someone at Warner Bros. have something against these shows? As fas as I can determine they're not even on TV anymore. Not even on the Warner owned Cartoon Network which would seem to be an ideal home for them.

I would like to see Animaniacs released too as my wife is a big fan. My all time favorite would be to see Freakazoid released. :D I tried taping both shows, but they seem to come on at varied times and it isn't worth the hassle of having to change the timer all the time just to watch them. :angry:

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
Since the first season of Animaniacs was 65 episodes
Are you sure? There are only 52 weeks in a year, and in most cases, an animated show is lucky to get one new episode during each Saturday of the school year. Monday through Friday afternoons are placeholders for reruns.

If the season was that long, they could still put out "Season 1 (1/2)" and "Season 1 (2/2)" boxes.

PienSavaca

Stunt Coordinator
As fas as I can determine they're not even on TV anymore.
They were airing 5-6 am on Nickelodeon (with the WB logo sloppily covered with a orange Nickelodeon splotch during the credits)... now Anim /PatB air 10-11 pm and 1-2am on nickTOONS (digital cable)

[all times eastern]

Sean Campbell

Second Unit
YES! ( as Brain might say )
I'd certainly love to get my hands on an Animaniacs box set. A Tiny Toons set would be excellent too ( Tiny Toons had better characters IMO but Animaniacs had better scripts ). And I want the entire run of Pinky and the Brain too - even the Elmyra episodes. Three of the finest animated shows ever made IMO.
Incidently, I recently attended the Anthrocon convention in Philadelpia where myself and a group of friends had a mini Tiny Toons/Animaniacs convention. We watched a few eps on a big projection screen :)

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
Remember the episode with "Meglomaniacs Anonymous"?
There were "clients" like Al (who had gone from claiming "I'm in charge here!" to running a small floral shop just outside the Beltway), and a "reformed" dictator who liked to play tennis with live hand grenades. Great stuff.
Then there was the episode with the Brain trying to figure out the source of Sampson's strength, and how to take it for himself. Pretty hard not to crack up when you hear the Brain saying "Soon, Pinky, I shall have all the power of the jawbone of an ass!" as though that's a GOOD thing! :D

TimRo

Auditioning
The two episodes I remember

1. A parody of Andrew Lloyd Webber musicals- they invade a theater where "Mr Webby" is rehearsing his new musicals and parody several songs. They then do a version of "Do-Re-Mi", but make it about money. Which leaves "Mr. Webby" shouting "I didn't write that one!" (Do Re Mi is by Rogers and Hammerstein)

2. The Animaniacs meet Beethoven, who tells them he is a "famous pianist." They tell him to watch the potty mouth.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks