Whoa! ER

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chuck C, Oct 11, 2001.

1. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

Great episode as usual tonight, but Dr. Dave...daaammmmmmmnn!!!!!
    So does that mean he's gone for good or what?
    ------------------
    Chuck
    http://www.hometheaterinsider.com

2. Jim_C

Jim_C Cinematographer

I suspect that he's gone. This has been coming for a long time IMO. It's possible that he's gone to make room for Sherry Stringfield.
    I love/hate Romano. He's a great character. Just when you think that he's a complete SOB we see him signing to Reese.
    Good episode tonight.
    ------------------
    You want to upgrade again?!!

3. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

I thought there was supposed to be a shocker at the end? So what was it? Malucci calling Weaver a dike? Big deal. I thought tonight's episode was pretty bland...an all-too frequent problem the last few years. Hope Sherry Stringfield's return can breathe some life into the show.
    ------------------
    --Mike
    Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

4. Jim_C

Jim_C Cinematographer

>>I thought there was supposed to be a shocker at the end? So what was it?

5. Jacob Perry

Jacob Perry Stunt Coordinator

The abandoned babies mother just happened to be hit at a crosswalk thus sending her to the same ER.
    Puhleese!

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I found that female EMT to be a hottie!
    Malucci might linger around as Weaver has to "prove" her case against him for firing him. Loved that Malucci at least did fire a shot from the bow. His "I'm a father" revelation seemed forced and cheesy.
    The years haven't been as kind to Sherry Stringfield. I wonder if she'll still be smart but understated as she was before. I wonder if Chloe will be 16 years old (so she can hang with Rachel Greene - which got the inexplicable soap opera age boost).
    I also have to wonder what's up with Romano being nice this season (when he signed to Reese - I think telling him he's got a good father). Can't believe Benton's sister just dumped Reese at the ER. Good to see Cleo might be totally cleared of HIV infection.
    Corday's sleeping in the OR might be trouble down the line.
    John and Abby looks to be on the road to a relationship (already partners in crime after this episode).
    Chen looks to be still floundering in Weaver's eyes.
    Wonder how Kovach will take this latest Abby bit of hi-jinks.
    Rachel will cause all sorts of hell for Mark and Elizabeth. I'm not sure I like the actress they picked to play the "older" Rachel. Doesn't Mark's ex-wife look like a Vulcan or Romulan?
    ------------------
    PatCave ; HT Pix ; Gear ; DIY Mains ; DIY CC ; Sunosub I + II + III ; DVDs ; LDs
    [Edited last by Patrick Sun on October 12, 2001 at 11:55 AM]

7. DaveMcS

DaveMcS Second Unit

Does anyone know what Romano signed to Reese? My wife who interprets sign was asleep..so I had no idea..but I'm sure it was a pretty nice gesture
    Dave

8. Brian Ralph

Brian Ralph Stunt Coordinator

I knew it was coming with Dr. Dave leaving, but am I the only one who really liked him? I would have preferred to see Cleo leave. Actually neither Cleo or Luka do much for me. At least Dave adds a bit of humor and tension into the mix.
    Hoping he stays, but believes he's gone...
    Brian

9. Julian Reville

Julian Reville Screenwriter

Perhaps some folks are too hard on Romano. Most surgeons, especially ones who have worked their way to the top of their particular organization, are hard to deal with. They are extremely focused and have little time or inclination for anything other than their work, especially when they are at work. Nothing wrong with that in my book.
    As someone who had surgery performed on me, and as someone who does (veterinary) surgery, I would pick Romano to be my surgeon over those other neurotic, pre-occupied, half-awake klutzes any day. [​IMG]

10. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I was so glad that Maluchi spoke up to her at the end. Saying how no one likes her. That was great. They have made Weaver & Romano such unlikeable people. But, at least behind their backs Romano shows signs of being a nice guy. Weaver just seems to be getting more bitter. Her trying to find her real mom and her broken up love affair with the psychologist has really screwed her up.
    And yes I agree Greene's ex-wife looked like a Vulcan. That was the first thing I thought when I first saw her.

11. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

ER has had a rotating cast of "bad guys". It was Weaver for a year or two and Romano for a year or two. Maybe they are rotating this role back to Weaver.
    According to next week's TV Guide Sherry's character isa replacing a Dr. who has left ER. I assumed it is Malucci.
    I agree that I didn't notice any surprise ending. This something that NBC has used way too often. It is just a cheap ploy to get people to watxh the show. Stop this NBC, and let the viewers decide for themselves.

12. Sean Cauley

Sean Cauley Stunt Coordinator

I read on another board that Romano signed "Take care of your father." I also believe that Erik Palladino is leaving the show, and agree that I'd rather see Cleo gone than him. His character was, for the most part, a dedicated doctor, and he was the one person on the show the past couple of years who wasn't a complete sadsack all the time.

13. Rusty Ray

Rusty Ray Second Unit

My Vcr shut off before the last 5 min.. what exactly happened after malucchi told weaver that nobody liked her?
    ------------------
    "As long as you are out there, I can never be number one...."
    My DVD List

14. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Someone else posted this recap:
    Something like, "You know what, you're firing me just because you don't like me and you know what, everybody doesn't like you. And you know why this ER's so damn important to you? Cuz you got nothing else in your life.
    You nazi dyke! *throws his badge on the counter at Weaver before walking out*
    ------------------
    PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; LDs

15. EricW

EricW Cinematographer

wow, i had no idea Malucci was actually getting written off -- i make it a habit NOT to watch previews so suprises aren't spoiled. still i don't see the sense in "making space" for Stringfield; writing off a character because he's dragging the show is one thing, but making space? what about at the end of the season when Benton and Greene go? will he come back?
    when the Malucci character first appeared on the show i couldn't stand him either - but it took the whole season for him to grow on me, and i liked him.

16. Jeff R.

Jeff R. Stunt Coordinator

I was starting to like Malucci also. The events of this and last episode could have been a significant turning point for his character. I'd hate to see them get rid of his character.
    I think the incident last week where Chen and Malucci lost a patient while Weaver was talking with the P.I. at the restaurant WITHOUT her pager is going to get her in trouble. Ramano has already criticized her for not being there but she won't admit that she wasn't there because she left her pager in the bathroom.

17. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    IMHO, I think the writers are prepping us for the end of Eric LaSalle and with this last thing with his son he may be on his way out slowly? I liked Malucchi (sp?)
    YES, he was annoying but in real life doesn't he look like a normal DR. in training you would see in any given ER in the country? Lets face it, they don't start out as good DR's and after years of practice some still are not! [​IMG]
    Not sure how Sherri Stringfield (sp?) will do? And Marks' ex sure did age, huh? or perhaps they just had her in formal "layer" garb... [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Regards,
    Todd

My HT

18. Michael St. Clair

quote: According to next week's TV Guide Sherry's character isa replacing a Dr. who has left ER. [/quote]
    Well, hopefully when Doctor Who leaves the ER he takes that damned Romulan with him!
    [Edited last by Michael St. Clair on October 14, 2001 at 11:26 AM]

19. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

20. Mark C.

Mark C. Supporting Actor

From what I remember reading, Malucci, the Asian female doctor and possibly Cleo are on their way out. The writers couldn't seem to come up with stories that actually gave them something to do.