What's new

Whoa... Denon 1815 DVD player not as good as I expected?!?!? (1 Viewer)

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
Last night I got a refurbed Denon 5-disc 1815. Amazing deal, my fiance found it for 113 shipped, and bought it for my up-coming birthday.

I plugged it in and put in LOTR EE, Fifth Element, and Spiderman Superbit. What I saw, was some grain in the background. Kinda like film grain. It didn't seem as sharp as my current player, a Pioneer 563a. Tonight I'll plug them in side by side and watch some discs back to back, but can anyone comment on the two players and what may be happening? Is the Pio really THAT good a player that it puts a Denon DCDi player down?

Some background info so the questions aren't asked: I have the player set to progressive. It's connected thru the same component cables as the Pio was. I'm viewing with a Philips 30" widescreen HD 30pw850h. (not a sony, I heard the denons had issues with sony monitors).

Thanks for anyone that has any suggestions/opinions!!

John S

Senior HTF Member
Enough to drive you crazy??? It has me. Very odd the way different DVD players react with different displays these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks