Whoa! Check out this crazy chair that goes down to 30hz (link inside)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Marcus Lewis, Apr 19, 2002.

1. Marcus Lewis

Marcus Lewis Stunt Coordinator

2. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

HEY, that looks like the testing enviroment you have to be in when you are giving Bose products a demo.

3. Saurav

Saurav Cinematographer

4. Marcus Lewis

Marcus Lewis Stunt Coordinator

The frequency response of the dedicated subs on their site is impressive +/- 1db @ 14hz for the 15" model ... Approx $1500US ...

To bad their are noreviews or more detailed specs ...

5. Saurav

Saurav Cinematographer

6. Kyle Richardson

Kyle Richardson Screenwriter

Speaking of their subs, I wouldnt get too excited because I don't believe their specs are 100% true. Judging by the specs their 10" uses the 10" Titanic, their 12" uses the 12" Titanic and the 15" uses the 15" DVC, all from Parts Express. This is only a guess, but I think I'm right. I am very familiar with these drivers and I dont see how they are arriving at these specs.

Now, running the numbers for a bandpass sub using the 12" Titanic puts a good, low F3 point of around 17hz but your upper F3 point is only about 47Hz....quite a narrow operating frequency. Now, I don't know the specifics of their chamber sizes and tuning point but I just dont see how they are coming up with those figures unless they are accounting for some ungodly room gain. Those are F3 numbers too, not the + or - 1db like they claim.

Maybe somebody can help me out here and see how they can claim the specs they list. If I'm wrong I will apologize.