Who would buy a TMNT Seasonal Box Set?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Jan 17, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

I posted on this subject before, but after looking at my tapes again, I just couldn't help but wish I could get rid of them for paper thin, high quality DVD Discs to help lighten up on tape storage....

So, I thought I would do an impromptue poll. Who would buy seasonal box sets of the show, say, $60's per box(Since latter seasons had less than 20 eps)? The most expensive would be the 1989, with a grand total of about 50 episodes.

It shouldn't be too tough to get some of the writers and voice actors to do episode commentaries. It would also be great to see all the media concerning the contreversial 'violence' of the show when it first premierd. Not to mention some of the creative team talking about the development and the big move to CBS.

The only real problem is finding out definetly who owns the rights. Someone else mentioned Sunbow, but I can't seem to getin contact with MWS to confirm this...

2. Julian Lalor

Julian Lalor Supporting Actor

What is TMNT?

3. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Heh, after close to 20 years, still can't beleive people ask this question [​IMG].
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles..

4. Matthew H

Matthew H Second Unit

Most definately. Count me in! [​IMG]

5. Beast

Beast Second Unit

Heck yeah!
    Gimme my TV TMNT on DVD ASAP. [​IMG]
    MTFBWY and HH!!
    Mike

6. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

I would pre-order this the day it was announced. One of my favorite cartoons ever because I used to watch this show many many times everyday. I still have my TMNT action figure collection on my wallracks. We need this on DVD for the sake of all cartoons.

7. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I don't know that I would be there on release date or anything. But it would definately be in my collection sooner or later. Put me down for this!

8. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

I'll take one too....but you gotta get me some Thundercats boxed sets too [​IMG]

9. Cynthia

Cynthia Stunt Coordinator

Most definitely! I grew up on this show. [​IMG]

10. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

this was all I watched when I was a kid... I would buy it in a heartbeat.
    does it come with a coupon for $5 off a large pizza? [​IMG]

11. James Miller

James Miller Stunt Coordinator

I'd pass... actually I'd have no interest whatever... (only fair for negatives to be included with positives in threads like this...)

12. Jesse Leonard

Jesse Leonard Second Unit

13. James Miller

James Miller Stunt Coordinator

14. LarryH

LarryH Supporting Actor

Sorry, but not being a fan of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (I guess I'm just too old), I too was unaware of what "TMNT" stands for. Just a vote for more full descriptions in headers to save the rest of us some time. Good luck on getting it published, though.

15. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Come on guys, please don't turn this into an arguement here..
    Getting back on topic, I did some searching, and refound MWS's main page. I'vetried contacting them via email a few times, and no go over the past few years. I've never actually had the guts to call and find out the information as to who exactly owns the rights to distribute the TMNT on DVD...
    Anyone here wanna take a shot, and post whatever info you may be able to dig up?
    http://www.fredwolffilms.com/features.htm is the site, I'll have to do some searching to refind the contact page..
    Also, Furthering the search 30 minutes later, I seem to have foudn a phone number. ALthough this was found on another site altogether about California animation companies, so who knows if it's the same one...
    Murakami Wolf Swenson Films
    PH: 818-846-0611
    Burbank, CA

16. JasonK

JasonK Supporting Actor

I'd buy these, at least the first few seasons. IIRC, eventually Shredder and Krang got banished to another dimension, and hardly appeared in later shows. I liked the early ones with Bepop and Rocksteady, then eventually Krang got his body. Good stuff.

-Jason

17. Jason Smalley

Jason Smalley Stunt Coordinator

I'd have to concur with some of the earlier negatives. I'm twenty years old and at one time I was at the magical age when TMNT was the coolest thing around (unless you were female, then it was NKOTB*). I love TV on DVD. I own Sopranos, Sex and the City, X-Files, Twin Peaks, Avengers, Monty Python, M*A*S*H, Clerks:TAS, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. As much as I loved TMNT, I don't see myself watching them again. I'd much rather have The Tick Animated, Married...With Children, Batman: TAS, and The Tick Live Action before TMNT.

Now the movies, on the other hand, would be nice to have. . . well the first two at least. I never got around to seeing the third one.

*New Kids on the Block

18. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

I have no major interest in this title. There are so many other cartoons (G.I. Joe, Smurfs, Thundercats) I would perfer to see the light of day before this one. But to each their own.

It seems like studios have not made a big commitment to cartoons....but I will say this, I would rather have seasons then best of compilations if more and more cartoons begin to be released.

J

19. Sarah S

Sarah S Second Unit

I would buy season sets of this....but it would not be my first priority.