What's new

Who worries about burn-in from so much news coverage? (those LIVE logos) (1 Viewer)

Matt_Stevens

Supporting Actor
It's been bad, with so many big, bright red LIVE logos in the top right corner of the screen the past week. I have constantly been switching modes, from full, to just, to zoom, to standard, then to P out P and then the various aspect ratios of P out P on my Panny 47" HDTV.
I even turned my Contrast and brightness down to 20% for all non DVD TV viewing the past week!
Am I paranoid?
confused.gif
eek.gif

------------------
www.deceptions.net/superman

Paul Walther

Agent
No your NOT paranoid. I was going to post a reminder warning over the weekend about this but was afraid I'd be labeled "petty" in perspective of all that's going on. Fox News is usually my favorite news outlet, and they've been especially good in the past about having a rotating logo, but since the New York debacle they've added a huge bright red "LIVE" logo in high contrast, non-opaque lettering. Lowering the contrast is a good start, but I've had to switch channels or watch on my little kitchen set just to avoid "the burn". Almost every local channel here (Atlanta) has added their own high-contrast logo and lower screen ticker line to the network feed, making things even worse.
It's so easy to be hipnotized by the horror of it all that you don't even realize your sets been running for hours on a station with a constant logo burning in. To make matters worse, there have been almost no commercials to occasionally "rest" the CRTS from the logo problem.
By the way, God Bless America!
Paul
------------------
DocW

Matt_Stevens

Supporting Actor
Glad I'm not alone. There is so much misplaced anger on this forum right now, I was afraid to post this topic! But I think it's needed. God forbid someone finds that they have suffered burnin because they were not warned about this serious problem with RPTV's.
I am watching most of my news this week on my 27" Sony in the bedroom. I just cannot risk my CRT's burining. I think I have used them enough the last seven days.
------------------

J

John Morris

And, let's not misplace our blame nor our anger... the networks are responsible for the burn-in, not the viewer nor the news stories, nor those of us who have been quiet over the past days in reverence over the dead. Someone, somewhere is eventually gonna start a class action lawsuit and then all the logoed networks are gonna pay.
------------------
Take Care,
merc
----------------
Link Removed
God Bless America!!!

Matt Heebner

Stunt Coordinator
I've been worried about it, even have stayed away from FOX cause it seems they are the worst with the Logos. What I have been doing lately is just turning the contrast ALL the way down for non-viewing intesive shows, like the news reports, etc. and turning the brightness down as well.
I hope this keeps the burn at bay, but I fear that it is just a matter of time till I see a ghost in the corner of my Mits.
Matt
------------------
....Eat, Drink, and Be Merry, For Tomorrow We Die....--DMB

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I've lowered contrast and change channels every 5 minutes or so.
I frankly can't watch the news coverage for more than half an hour or so at a time without getting weepy or unhealthily angry, so have to take breaks and watch a good comedy movie or something to take my mind off the horror.
------------------
Steve S.
I prefer not to push the subwoofers until they're properly run in.

Matt_Stevens

Supporting Actor
Rick, I really like my Panny. It's not easy to configure (it takes time and patience) but as of right now, I am most pleased. Especially since I disconnected Scan Velocity Modulation! What an improvement! Once the set is ISF calibrated, it' gonna kick major ass.
biggrin.gif

------------------

Dano_G

Auditioning
I do! I did! And it didn't matter!
Since buying a Mits RPTV over two years ago I started reading this site and read a post titled Station Logos. I can;t find it now but it covered this topic for several months with a lot of input and opinions.
I have a nice big X on the lower right hand corner from watching MTV X for about a hour a day for the ;ast few MONTHS. I have renewed my search for a consumer group or class action lawsuit to join only because a TV that costs $2500 is not worth some idoit who thinks his nice logo artwork looks good. A transparent logo seems much better as well as moving it from corner to corner.
Really, do you need to be reminded your watching the channel your chose to watch?
------------------
"Can you hear me shutting up??"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks