Who won the Outlaw 950??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alf S, Jul 7, 2001.

1. Alf S

Alf S Cinematographer

Alfie
    I see no postings on the Outlaw site saying who won (drawing was July 5th). The thread is gone, and there are no announcements that I can find.
    Anyone know if they gave it away yet??
    Alfer
    ------------------
    Check out my new Home Theater site and my NEW HT 6.1 Pic's at The Enormodome
    Join my new Yahoo "Club Enormodome" for LIVE HT and DVD chats at: Club Enormodome

2. Joe_H

Joe_H Screenwriter

Yeah i've been checking and haven't noticed anything, which bothers me cuz i want it... not saying i'll will, cuz i never win anything, but hey i like a 1 in 443 chance better than the odds to most contests. [​IMG]

3. Peter Finlay

Peter Finlay Auditioning

It will probably take them a while to add up the results and make sure everybody who posted followed the rules. What's the hurry? The 950 isn't in production yet so whoever wins isn't going to get it right away.

4. Joe_H

Joe_H Screenwriter

Its just the suspense, man... its killing me [​IMG]

5. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    I won it! [​IMG] Ha right, I never win anything.
    Wes

6. JohanK

JohanK Second Unit

I'm thinking the winner has already been contacted but no announcement made yet. As usual, I didn't win.
    ------------------
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/equipment/28687.html
    [​IMG]

7. Patrick R. Sklenar

Patrick R. Sklenar Second Unit

Based on their past contests, my suspicion is that they closed the contest on the 5th, randomly selected a name and emailed the winner. I expect that they are now waiting for the winner to respond before making a public announcement. Maybe they'll give him/her only 7-10 days and then pick another name if they don't hear from the original person?
    If my guess is right, then I didn't win because I haven't heard from the Outlaw's. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    pat----
    home: [email protected] ... office: [email protected]
    no home page yet, so ...
    Entertainment Center ---==*==--- DVD Collection

8. Jeff_Rostis

Jeff_Rostis Extra

Per the Outlaw Contest Thread:
    "Attention All Outlaws:
    Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post a comment or opinion on the question of what to do about the inclusion of DSP modes in the forthcoming Outlaw Model 950.
    The response has well beyond our wildest expectations, and though we have already read each and every comment, it will take some time for us to discuss the results internally. At this time we can certainly confirm that the 950 WILL include Dolby Pro Logic II. We don't consider that a "DSP Mode", and it has always been in our plans for the 950. As to the core question of the more familiar "DSP Modes", we'll post our decision when we're ready for the beta test.
    As to the question of who is the lucky winner of a Model 950, we have to ask you to hang in there a while. We'll also announce the winner when the beta test begins.
    All of the Outlaws express their appreciation to everyone who participated in this thread, and we welcome your continued comments in the "New Products Suggestions" section of the Outlaw Saloon."
    I still got my fingers crossed [​IMG] And even if we don't win, it seems there might be a chance to beta test as well! [​IMG]
    ------------------
    AFI Top 100 Challenge
    63 62 61 60 to go!

9. Michael D

Michael D Stunt Coordinator

A little off topic,but anyone have any updates on when this preamp will be available to the public??? Is it still October??
    ------------------

10. Craig Robertson

Craig Robertson Supporting Actor

how do you apply to be a beta tester?

11. Kevin Peak

Kevin Peak Agent

Kev
    Thanks for the snippet Jeff, I've been watching that thread closely and missed it!
    :~)
    I think i can, i think i can, i think i can...
    ------------------
    Thanks,
    kevp