What's new

Who will be busting ghosts June 16th? (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
“Are you troubled by strange noises in the middle of the night? Do you experience feelings of dread in your basement or attic? Have you or your family ever seen a spook, specter or ghost?"

With Ghostbusters hitting blu-ray this Tuesday, and this being the 25th anniversary, we also will be getting cross platforms of Ghostbusters the game.

With the game revisiting movies 1 and 2 and giving a sort of sequel(part 3)
Being written by Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd.
Also lending their voice along with Bill Murray and Ernie Hudson.
This game looks like it might be a reason to pick this up.

Annie Potts is back to take all the incoming calls.
Walter Peck (once again played by William Atherton) reprises his role.
Also Alyssa Milano voices Gozerian expert Dr. Ilyssa Selwyn

Even the music from the film is back as well as the Ray Parker opening theme song.
And I love the film score! another plus.

Most reviews are putting it 7/10 or 8/10.
The PS3 version comes with some extras like a preview of the Blu-ray release of the original movie and a feature about Ecto-1.

I'm getting this since I'm a fan and it has the support of the main cast.

Patrick.C

Second Unit
I'm in. I haven't figured out where I'm going to pick it up yet. Looks like TRU has a $20 gift card with purchase, Amazon is $53.99 and everyone else is $59.99.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
Hopefully I will. I've had it on Game Fly since they first listed it (a long time ago). And if I really dig it then I'll go out and buy it.

Patrick.C

Second Unit
I went ahead and picked it up at lunch today at TRU. Two things I didn't know about the gift card promo - the gift card expires on 7/31 and it doesn't go live until 6 hours after its activated. So if there is something else you were going to buy with the gc, you would have to make a return trip to the store.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I pre ordered mine at Gamestop, so when I got it today I received a very nice Ghostbusters T-shirt(Same design as the video game cover) a $10 movie voucher to go to the movies for free and a Ghostbusters 2 uniform to use in the game.

There are some locked extras, but some already come unlocked like a scene from the blu-ray, the actual full length Ghostbusters commercial seen in the
movie(an awesome extra) and some behind the scene with Harold Ramis.

The trophies are a riot. All the trophies are named after key quotes from the movie.

I have yet to actually play this as I'm in the middle of a Ghostbusters/Spaceballs blu-ray afternoon.

I will be playing it later tonight though, even will try and go online with it.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I got it (XBox360 version) and played it a bit. It's cute and fairly faithful to the movie(s) but I've moved it a bit further down my growing pile of games to play. I just finished the vastly underrated Too Human and have been drawn in by the remarkable Prototype! Also, SW - The Force Unleashed is higher in the stack for me. And don't get me started regarding some of the other excellent games that I have but haven't really done justice to yet. And Red Faction Guerilla arrives in the mail in a day or so.

So many games, so little time.

;)

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I got it on Tuesday for 360 from GameStop. Pre-ordered. Multi-player is very fun. I don't think any of my headsets work so I can't really talk unfortunately.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I'm starting out on the hardest level(Professional Ghostbuster)
And this has to be the most times I've thrown out the F-bomb at a game.
I just beat Stay-Puff.

Brian Doyle Murray also makes an appearance in the game

Dan Keliikoa

Stunt Coordinator
I'm having a really good time with it (360).

Overall, it's a pretty nice package with some minor issues, but an interesting, cinematic Ghostbusters experience.

The game has two really big draws for fans; you essentially get to 'experience' a third Ghostbusters film, as this was written by Akroyd and Ramis (the creators and stars of Gbstrs and II) and features the stars of the films reprising their roles.

And of course, you get to dress in the cool jumpsuits and use a proton pack!

Actually, you are the new guy, referred to as 'Rookie' and you get to be Egon's technological testbed for mods to the proton pack. You get the usual positron streams that you saw in the films to weaken and wrangle ghosts (and destroy everything else), but you also get some other abilities as well.

The music, voices and sound fx are all spot-on Ghostbusters, even the Ecto-1's sirens are on the money.

It's also cool to be able to take your time and explore the firehouse and see it in it's entirety.

The gameplay is pretty good. It plays as a third person shooter for the most part. It just gets hectic when you're all trying to wrangle multiple spectres and spooks that are flying around the screen, and the game isn't very good at indicating where you should be going. I'll tell you, it makes you appreciate how much work goes into Ghostbusting and why Ray and Peter hired Ernie Hudson's character on the spot for immediate help in the first film LOL.

Graphically it's pretty solid. A review has claimed that the frame rate bogs down badly in really busy fights, but I haven't encountered this yet....I'll post if/when I do. Otherwise it's really pretty smooth so far. The story takes place in 1991 after the second film, so the actors look like their old selves, if perhaps just a little stiff at times. The spectres look pretty cool and there's some great lighting effects. The gadgets all look great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks