What's new

Who wants to show off their HT in Southern Michigan (1 Viewer)

chris_Snyder

Auditioning
I've been lurking around these boards for about a year now and I think I'm finally ready to make the jump from rear projection to front projection for my basement theater room. I have budgeted about 3000 for a projector and have been leaning towards the Sharp PGM20X but i am very open to other suggestions. As I said this is for a basement TV room and would probably be split 50/50 between DVD and Digital cable viewing (gotta watch the Red Wings....). The only thing that is holding me back is that I am a person who needs to see things rather than just going on the opinion of others. This is where my problem lies as i have been unable to find any place in Southern Michigan that has a projector in my price range set up for a demo viewing. So basically i was hoping that someone out there could recommend a store or even possibly be willing to show off their Home Theater to a newbie who would love to see what others have put together on a smaller budget.
Thanks in advance to anyone who replies
Chris Snyder
[email protected]

Dave_Olds

Stunt Coordinator
Whoa....Jackson, MI.....

How about Parma, MI? Close enough :)

You can check out the cellerplex via the weblink below or in person at a predetermined time....It is not fully finished, but closer than the pics show - some updates are due....

Its totally DIY with an AE100 and DIY screen, but if you want to see what you can do with some time and without going broke or getting a loan (mine was all done with "mad money") you are welcome to see it....Contact me if interested and we can hookup....

steve_brucher

Auditioning
Hello. There is a place in Saugatuck called Premovation audio. They have a pretty nice home theater demo with a projector, celestron setup, Infinity speakers, and differing components. It was worth my time to go over there when I was on vacation and I'd recommend it. Hope this helps. Steve.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks