What's new

Who wants to help little Matty on World History? (1 Viewer)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Bring a laptop along next time you have Finals. We'll get you through it.
:laugh:

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
What if we find out there were only five problems on "Matty's" homework but he spent so much time on the Rini Bell website he didn't have time to do it? However, he suddenly remembered all his helpful friends in the After Hours Lounge ... ;)
Just kiddin', ... I hope :D
Maybe we need After Hours subforums:
UFO's and Ghostly happenings
Homework assignments
Word Association
:)
Kenneth

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Shit, if only I could bring a laptop along with me to the SATs
Wouldn't do you much good. You have to fill in the answers so fast there would never be enough time to look anything up.
Dave,
I went to school in Rochester, but not at the place where former government officials like to lose consciousness. It was the other one. It sounds like you are in school now. Which one?
Who the hell is Rini Bell?

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Its nice that you can get help here but isn't it just a form of cheating to get your homework done? Wasn't there an assigned reading you had to do to find this and by doing this aren't you bypassing a lot of stuff you may need to know? Just wondering.

Patrick

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
John - I'm in grad school at UR, trying to finish my thesis. I take it you went to RIT? I have friends that did their undergrad work there, and I know some women doing MFAs there currently.
I like it here; it's a nice area. I'd like it better if I was done with my degree :)
See Matt - do well on your homework, and you can stay in school even longer :D

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Dave,

Yes, I did four years at RIT and graduated in '87. In some ways I wouldn't mind going back for my Master's but I was always what I considered to be a pretty average student. I love learning, but the school environment really isn't for me. I'm definitely not a career student. It's really kind of interesting. Other students usually got the impression I was the "straight A" type, but I was always a solid "B" student. Besides, tuition has gotten completely out of hand there.

I have to admit, Rochester was definitely not one of my favorite places I have lived. Mostly, I think the weather is just a bit too much for me.

Patrick,

You're right, of course. I was wondering when someone was going to say that. Notice it didn't stop me, though.

PatrickM

Screenwriter
You're right, of course. I was wondering when someone was going to say that. Notice it didn't stop me, though.
John, in my opinion its the asker's responsibility not the one offering the information. We all know what kind of trouble you can get into if you get caught cheating at school. The person offering up the term papers isn't going to get in trouble from the school now are they? :)
Recently there was a big scandal at a University up here. 45 or so people potentially going on academic probation or expulsion from what appears to be a rogue ex-T.A. tutoring or just plain selling information to some students in a statistics course. These 45 supposedly had verbatim answers on their final papers. Ouch! The ex-T.A. is laughing all the way to the bank considering he got paid $200 an hour.
Patrick

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
in my opinion its the asker's responsibility not the one offering the information
I actually disagree with that. If Matt had been deceptive about why he wanted the answers, that would be another matter. Then, basically, the weight would all be on him. The problem is, I knew what he was doing, that it was basically wrong and I helped him. Just because the penalty he could untimately pay is more tangible doesn't make the one I pay any less real. In this case, I let my ego overpower my conscience and I pay a price. Matt also pays a price, whether or not it is tangible enough for him to realize it. The TA only THINKS he is laughing all the way to the bank. There are infinite ways his actions can and probably will turn on him.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Matt,
As long as you understand this stuff beyond the answers then asking here is okay. Sometimes people need a push over the hump to get to the next step.
But my hint to you is that most teachers want to guide you with the homework, either toward exact questions for the test, or into reading a section that they will ask A DIFFERENT QUESTION about on the test.
Like if you find the Marco Polo section for the homework then it's likely that something in that area is deemed important enough for the test. So it benefits you to find this stuff if you can (that is if you have a book that the homework goes with).
Also, history can seem lame but it's actually one of the most important subjects (and I'm an engineer/math geek saying this). It puts all of human civilization into perspective and helps you understand just why in the hell people do the crazy things they do now.
Plus it helps in movies. I just answered a question about the French Revolution for Brotherhood of the Wolf, so it wouldn't hurt to know about stuff like that. :)
And I will help with math if you need it. :D

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Want to do my Algebra II homework then?
Hell, give it me. I miss math!!!

I'm not joking. Four years of biology, and I hate it. The only easy A I've ever gotten was in Calculus. Oh, I wish I could've been a pre-med, but majored in chemistry intead. Oooh, I've wasted my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks