who wants to "beta test" a website?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin T, May 25, 2002.

1. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

hey guys,
    i'm re-designing the website for the tattoo shop my girlfriend works at and need some help. i have the initial front page completed. however, i use ie 6.0 and don't really feel like downloading netscape, opera, and such just to see how other browsers react to the site design. it's primarily tables with mouseover javascripts. i haven't yet re-designed any of the other pages to some of the links are good...some aren't. i'm not worried about dead links because i want to be sure the front page functions properly...i can fix everything else later. so, all interested members here using a browser other than ie 6.0, check it out if you would and lemme know if there are any problems. of course, if you're using ie 6.0 you can still check it out [​IMG]. feel free to make recommendations too if you would like. thanks.
    WEBSITE
    kevin t

2. Adam Barratt

Adam Barratt Cinematographer

Adam
    Works fine on Netscape 6.2, but with Opera 6 the top right image (Brandy) isn't there, just an alt tag.
    Damn. That Paul Bearer is one attractive fella! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Adam

3. Brian Lawrence

Brian Lawrence Producer

Brian
    I'm seeing a tatoo site. I'm not getting any empty image tags, and I am on Opera 6.0

"Brandy"??? I don't know man, I just see a bunch of pictures of some dude with tatoos.

I'm getting 12 images at the bottom part of the screen and 1 at the top.

4. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

5. Adam Barratt

Adam Barratt Cinematographer

Adam

6. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

oops...adam...i meant to tell brian to click the "WEBSITE" link. i got the names wrong. my post has been edited to reflect the change. there are 3 "steve" pictures as i don't have pics of the other artists yet. i can't imagine why there is no "brandy" in the top right. the bottom "brandy" is going to be for news, i just haven't worked up an image and a mouseover for it yet. i downloaded opera 6.02 and netscape 6.2 and they work fine.

kevin t

7. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

the design of the site is awful.

never use red as the font color!

and it doesnt have clear hierarchy / structure.

it doesnt even have main navigation menus.

8. CRyan

CRyan Screenwriter

Constructive criticism can always be given in a nice manner. A little social skill can go a long way especially on the web.

The site has a good look to it. Fits the subject. However, a standard menu structure would be helpful across all pages as you get to them. This will be very important if they happen to advertise the site on the radio.

C. Ryan

9. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

c. ryan:
    i'll see what i can do about adding some sort of navigational table on top of the artists pages. i just want to keep the artist pages as clutter free as possible but i figure just the artists name at the very top would work. as far as felix's suggestions are concerned, i'm not certain if he was being genuine or just kidding. however, since the first comment he makes is about how "awful" the site is, if he was being serious, i'm inclined to ignore him on account of his being a completely disrespectful asshole. [​IMG]
    kevin t

10. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

Kevin, I have to agree with Felix...the site has a very amateur look to it. The red is very hard to read, almost to the point where I would close the site without even exploring.

Also, a nvaigation bar of some sort is a must. I wouldn't want to have click back a few times just to get to the main page to make a new selection again.

J

11. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter