Who Wants to be a Millionaire? (British)

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by alan halvorson, Feb 20, 2004.

1. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

Last year on the British version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire?, a man was accused of cheating by arranging for someone in the audience to signal answers. I understand that there was a trial but I don't know the outcome of that trial.

So - what was the outcome?

2. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

He was found guilty. Himself, his wife and a mutual friend set up a system whereby the friend would cough at the right time to indicate the correct answer. When the shows were played back it was really obvious what was going on because the contestant would say "Is it this answer? No I don't think so. It might be that answer, no I don't think so" while the coughs were heard at just the right points.

The three received a suspended prison sentence and a hefty fine - and of course, no million quid.

The funniest bit was during the court case when the jury had to be sent home because of an outbreak of coughing!

http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcas...931780,00.html

3. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

Thanks, Rob.

4. andrew markworthy

5. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

man, with the exchange rat at $1.90 per pound, I'd want to wint he british version [​IMG]