What's new

Who Wants to be a Millionaire? (British) (1 Viewer)

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Last year on the British version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire?, a man was accused of cheating by arranging for someone in the audience to signal answers. I understand that there was a trial but I don't know the outcome of that trial.

So - what was the outcome?

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
He was found guilty. Himself, his wife and a mutual friend set up a system whereby the friend would cough at the right time to indicate the correct answer. When the shows were played back it was really obvious what was going on because the contestant would say "Is it this answer? No I don't think so. It might be that answer, no I don't think so" while the coughs were heard at just the right points.

The three received a suspended prison sentence and a hefty fine - and of course, no million quid.

The funniest bit was during the court case when the jury had to be sent home because of an outbreak of coughing!

http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcas...931780,00.html

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
man, with the exchange rat at $1.90 per pound, I'd want to wint he british version :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks