What's new

Who should play the lead in the next Batman movie? (1 Viewer)

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Since we're on a silly spree here, let's go with Joe Pesci. I mean, we know he's a tough guy, eh? The moniker Batman would take on a totally different meaning with him.:D

Mitty

Supporting Actor
Adam West!
Personally, I think it's enough already with the Batman movies.
Oh c'mon, if they strapped Ryan Phillipe into a fetishistic rubber suit complete with protruding bat-nipples & bat-codpiece you'd change your tune. :laugh:
Thinking tangentially, if Reese Witherspoon played Catwoman or Batgirl, I'd probably at least rent it. :)
Anyway, in all seriousness now, the movies in this franchise have all more or less lived or died based on the villain (and, of course, the tone) not who gets the more straight man role of Batman.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of Catwoman, what does everyone think of the casting of Ashley Judd for Catwoman (rather than going back ot Michelle Pfeiffer)?

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Oh c'mon, if they strapped Ryan Phillipe into a fetishistic rubber suit complete with protruding bat-nipples & bat-codpiece you'd change your tune.
Provided there is the obligatory let-me-show-you-my-fantastic-butt scene, I'm down for a ticket to that. :laugh:

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
I thought Michael Keaton AND Val Kilmer did a good job so I will go with:

Michael Keaton

Val Kilmer

George Clooney (YES, I think he would make a great Batman!)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I actually cringe when I watch Batman II nowadays. I can't believe the guy who wrote "Heathers", Dan Waters, put in such grotesque dialog for The Penguin. It's plain awful stuff. I liked 40% of Batman II.

For Batman I, I didn't like much of anything after the Joker is on the parade float, it got really silly in that last act. The 1st act kicked butt, but it just lost its way after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation615
Recent bookmarks