What's new

Who says you cant have a 300L Tempest based sub with high SAF? (1 Viewer)

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
I hope I'm not stealing Jay Hahn's thunder by posting pictures of his new subwoofer he built. He just sent me pictures and I just had to show them because I LOVED the implementation.
It is a 15" Tempest subwoofer in 305 liters with 2ea 4" full length flared ports and 64 oz. of polyfill.
In his short e-mail to me he says, "I finished installing the Tempest and I must say, there is not an audible note this sub will not extend down to! Very impressive driver!"
Full Size
Full Size

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Well then I'll take 4 Tumults, 5 Lambda Unity horn kits, 10 Lambda TDM15 drivers, 5 Crown Studio Reference amps, a pair of Crown K2 amps, a Lexicon MC12, a Panasonic AE300 projector, a grand to put together a HTPC and several more grand for the crossovers and enclosure materials please ;)
I'll buy the materials for the screen and room treatments though :p)
Edit: On second thought could I just have $10,000,000USD please :D

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
That is pretty cool. The only problem is he has to get up and open the doors each time he wants to use it. What he could have done is used a wood colored speaker grille.
Oh, and before I forget: May I please have 16 tumults, 16 Adire A1600 amplifiers, and about 32 Stryke 18" passive radiators.
Then could you order the following from Parts Express:
For home: a pair of Scanspeak Revelator tweeters and mids.
And for loud, I'll take 4 of the following: a JBL compression 2446H driver, a Bi-radial horn, and an 18" JBL VGC driver. And then four Carver PT2400 amplifiers. (will take QSC RMX2450 amps as substitutes)
Then 4 pairs of Alpha-LS kits from GR-Research including assembly and cabinets and include 2 levitators and 2 Dodd tube amps.
:D (I'll pay for the speaker wire)

A

Anthony_Gomez

Hank,...you know those three Tumults that Brian is building?
He told me that he is going to send, as GIFTS, one to you, jack, and me:D
Brian is such a nice guy :)

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
WAF = wife approval factor
SAF = significant other approval factor

So I guess it could be changed to SOAF :p)

David Gadd

Auditioning
Spousal ACCEPTANCE Factor. My wife may ACCEPT a speaker project, but she rarely/never approves.;) Speakers aren't an improvement to the decor (in her eyes) but may be acceptable (not hideously ugly). Nothing I want to build (or have built) is an an improvement (to her), so it wouldn't get her approval. Of course, I have tower speakers, built a 24" cube sub, and want to (will, keep that hope alive) build line arrays. Maybe I just ask for too much.:)
OTOH, if "approval" means that "the boss signed off on the P.O.;" then, approval it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks