Who says there's more sex in today's television?!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by NickSo, Mar 14, 2004.

1. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    http://www.cfox.com/geeks/geekstuff/rainbow.swf

THis is from a real british kids television show from awhile back... 'scuse me while i go plucking and playing with my friend's balls... [​IMG]

(It helps to shrink the window as the video is quite poor quality)

2. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

I've got a feeling it's been faked - or at least the dialogue tampered with.

There's a member here on HTF - or at least used to be - Craig Crane, who was the voice of George the (pink!) hippo on that show.

Here:
    http://www.btinternet.com/~acbarrett/cci.html

3. BrianB

BrianB Producer

I think I recall this was staged by them for late night TV or something. It's been doing the rounds of a bunch of websites lately.

4. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

That was pretty messed up. If the audio had been messed with, they did a very good job. While it was hard to see if it was completely in synch with their lips, they did appear to be saying that stuff.

5. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

There is an interview with the creator somewhere. They fimed that episode as a joke, it was never actually aired.

6. CaseyLS

CaseyLS Second Unit

I am pretty sure what clip youre talking about and I nearly pissed my pants when I saw it.

7. andrew markworthy

Rainbow (the programme I guess you're referring to - I can't seem to download properly), like Tellytubbies, is a student cult over here.

Kid's TV over here can at times contain deliberate smut. Practically a rite of passage for most Brit kids is watching a thrice-weekly programme called 'Blue Peter'. One presenter used to delight in using double entendres with an absolutely straight face. Trouble is that they were always used in their non-rude sense absolutely correctly, so it was difficult for parents to complain (e.g. after an item on ornithology noting that 'a great pair of tits' could be seen). And then there are the various presenters who have found themselves in the papers for the wrong reasons (cocaine, three in a bed sex romps, etc). A few years ago I was in a bar and saw what I thought was the most straight-laced of TV presenters from my childhood in leathers engaged in tonsil hockey with her girlfriend. I doubt if the amazement could have been greater if I'd discovered my grandmother in bondage gear.

8. Francois Caron

Francois Caron Cinematographer

Francois Caron
    And I thought Tinky Winky had a bad day! [​IMG]