What's new

Who saw the cartoon, REJECTED? (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I was fortunate enough to see Bitter Films' animated short, REJECTED at the Dahlonega International Film Festival.
The cartoon is a brilliant and original film...it's probably the funniest since the days of Tex Avery and Bob Clampett. It also was nominated for an Oscar last year.
Has anyone out there seen this?
If you forgot the title...spoliers ahead...here's the plot:
Spoiler:It's a bunch of rejected ideas for "Family Learning Channel" promos. Bumpers include a baby falling down a set of stairs...a character having a bleeding anus...lots of blood!
www.bitterfilms.com is the official website, FYI.
------------------
P.S.: There's no P.S.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I did! I did! Don got robbed at the Oscars!
I first saw this as part of the Oscar-nominated shorts program earlier this year, and then later as part of Spike & Mike's classic animation festival. It is a very, very, very funny short that works both as malicious animation and a parody of malicious animation.
I like it even more than Herzfeldt's previous short, "Billy's Balloon" (which is worth the $10-15 for SHORT 6 on its own).

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
"Rejected" screened at this year's "Spike and Mike's Animation Festival" as Jason noted, and also on the "Sick and Twisted" run, and I absolutely adored it. To think that Herzfeld could actually top the wonderful "Billy's Balloon" with this edgy, hilarious delight is incredible. I'd take a DVD with just this one short on it anyday.
Jason
Spoiler:"My spoooooon is too big! My spooooooon is too big! I'm a banana!"
------------------
Link Removed
[email protected] ICQ: 16733922 I Am Jack's DVD List
"Look, I'm Mrs. Hitler!" Rat Race
Film Critic, Link Removed

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Supposedly, Bitter Films will have a DVD-o-goodies out sometime in '02 with everything from "Ah, l'amour" to the new one. I, personally, can't wait.
Spoiler:"For the love of God and all that is holy, somebody help me! My anus is bleeding!"-Actually funny in context.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks