Who remembers Prince Planet?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Oswald Pascual, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Oswald Pascual

Oswald Pascual Second Unit

[​IMG]

Now that "Speed Racer" is out I wonder if anyone else remembers "Prince Planet". These two shows were part of my childhood and it was fun rewatching the recent "Speed Racer" DVD.(Pretty cool slip case too!) I was hoping that a "Prince Planet" DVD would be coming out as well but not luck in me search.

2. MatS

MatS Screenwriter

3. Brian Manning

Brian Manning Auditioning

Although it doesn't really answer your question, there were two recent releases of the "Starman" movies (known as Super Giant in Japan, their country of origin) from Image, that included an episode or two of Prince Planet on each disc. Pretty entertaining, in a Speed Racer sense. I'm not sure what that means as far as who controls the rights to the show. I wouldn't hold my breath for a Prince Planet release, though...[​IMG]

4. RobertR

RobertR Lead Actor

I remember Prince Planet. [​IMG] I also remember Astro Boy. I discovered that Astro Boy episodes are available on Japanese DVD. It's possible that the same is true for PP.

5. Bob Pierce

Bob Pierce Stunt Coordinator

Of course I remember Prince Planet! It was a major show for me when I was growing up. Wish more of these were available. While we're talking about it, how 'bout Marine Boy? I believe I watched it at around the same time. The chewing gum that allowed him to breathe under water, the physics-defying boomerang, etc. Good times! [​IMG]

Thanks for the post. It brought back fond memories....

- Bob P.

6. Oswald Pascual

Oswald Pascual Second Unit

Well I guess the Prince will come out eventually on DVD, but I think it will be Japan.
    Too Bad so sad.[​IMG]

7. Daryl Stovall

Daryl Stovall Second Unit

I say bring on the Amazing Three, Astro Boy, Marine Lad & The Original (Tobar) 8th Man![​IMG]