Who remembers "Jennifer Slept Here"?

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Ann Jillian played the ghost of a dead movie star who haunted the family who moved into her old house, but she only made herself visible to the teenage son, who was going through puberty. It only lasted 13 weeks, because it was part of NBC's infamous fall 1983 lineup that also included "Manimal" and "Mr. Smith". And yet they showed reruns the next summer and it landed in the top 20! This would be neat to have on DVD.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I saw that show once or twice during its original NBC run...and I'm sure Ms. Jillian would also rather forget it. Her co-star John P. Navin has long since disappeared. A bit of trivia on John from the IMDB website: He was the first bar patron in "Cheers". Unfortunately, he wasn't much of an actor though.

Jennifer Slept Here was a fantasy sitcom with a horrible premise that basically ripped off "Topper", and I doubt it will ever see the light of DVD-day.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I remember that Jennifer died cause she was hit by the drunk mailman when she was out checking the mailbox....is that correct?

I remember watching it and loving it! Of course, I was quite young...

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I do not remember it but I would buy it because the premise sounds fantastic, and similar to other favorite series of mine such as Topper and the 1989 NBC series Nearly Departed with Eric Idle.

[email protected]

Second Unit
I was very young, but I remember having a massive crush on Ann Jillian.

But then, I had a crush on just about every woman on television.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beekeeper