What's new

Who prefers to shower at night? (1 Viewer)

Joe S

Second Unit
I feel the need to shower before going to bed-don't want to bring the day's dirt into my bed. A quick shower in the morning, after bathroom duties :angry: , is usually called for too.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

It's by smell, and nappy hair. Your hair is different when you wake up and just try to brush it (even watering it down a little), versus after it's been shampooed in the morning. If you have curly hair, it's a little harder to tell, but body odor is a different story, and by the time lunch rolls around, I can tell much easily as well. Then again, I've been noted for noted for knowing when food has been delivered to the office (for meetings), and I do a sweep for free leftovers. My nose could be extra-sensitive to smell.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
When I was a teenager I showered at night to avoid the bathroom rush the next morning and so I could sleep in a little. Now I'm strictly a morning showerer.

When I was going to school in New Orleans I showered multiple times a day as the combination of walking or biking everywhere and the high heat and humidity made me most foul. I would even hop in the shower at the dorm between classes just to rinse the stink off. I don't miss that.

David Blair

Stunt Coordinator
Just recently I started showering before bed and in the morning. I get the relaxation at night and refreshment in the morning.

RichardK

Second Unit
If I didnt have hair I would probably shower at night and then do a quick rinse or washcloth clean up in the morning...but, since I do have hair and I suffer from severe bed head, I have to shower in the morning..Although, on weekends I will do either because I normally dont have to look presentable most times.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
From my perspective, I can't believe there are people who don't shower at night before bed. But then again I live in a hot-all-year-round super-humid country where it's possibly physically impossible, if you're a reasonably clean and tidy person, to go to bed with "the day's grime" still on you.

The only time this ever happened to me was when I staggered home piss-drunk around 3 a.m. and just collapsed onto bed, passed out. All other times, even in a drunken stupor, I've managed to shower before sleeping.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Ironically I did not shower this morning (did it last night), but I normally do it in the morning. It helps wake me up, and it only takes me about 10 minutes to shower/dress anyway. During college, though, I would either shower at night or not at all :D

Shaving on the other hand, I do that at night usually. I hate shaving first thing in the morning for some reason.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Hilarious thread.
If you asked that question back home, you would instantly become the butt of jokes, as it implies a single daily shower. The minimum acceptable over there is twice a day, the norm is three times really. No one would publicly admit to only bathing once a day. But then again, they wouldn't have to, it's pretty obvious actually.

It is also widely believed that people don't bathe very often in the western world because of the weather.

Different cultures and all that.

--
H

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I shower in the morning to help me wake up. If I don't shower in the morning, I feel dirty the rest of the day and lethargic.

FWIW, I do wash the sheets every week.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I shower in the morning AND in the evening every day. Don't have time to wash the hair in the morning, so I do that in the evening. In certain circumstances, I'll wash my hair twice a day.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
me too! oh wait ... wrong thread ...

----

most of the time, i'm a morning person. but, if i'm all gross, i'll take one at night as well.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I shower at night, and have what I know as "whores baths" in the morning, where I wash the nooks and crannies. I keep my hair buzzed, so "bed head" isn't an issue. I give myself about 15min in the morning, so time is of the essence.

Except on weekends when I can sleep in I'll shower whenever I get up.

I shave only every few days, I have sensitive skin, so shaving everyday is like the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre". I shave at night so it has time to heal, and typically in a hot bath, as opposed to a sink.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Both. Depends on the mood.

I prefer to go dive in the backyard ocean during mid-morning to relax.

All I need is a backyard with an ocean.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So

but then you'll stil need to shower after to get rid of all the sea salt and whale piss from the ocean...

Benny G

Second Unit

The first thing I thought of, after seeing only the thread title was: "I don't, but all the Asian people I know sure do!!"

Maybe it's just coincidence. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks