What's new

Who prefers to shower at night? (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Growing up my family never took showers in the morning, following the habits of my mother's Hong Kong upbringing (not entirely sure it's a widespread Asian cultural thing). I tend to take showers in the morning now, but sometimes I like taking an evening shower and find that the next day I'm more comfortable, for lack of a better word. Anyone else? And are there other cultures that tend to bathe or shower in the evening?

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i've probably showered in the morning a total of 20 times in my life. unless i have something really important in the morning (job interview or something like that), i shower at night. and i'm not asian.

CJ

VinhT

Second Unit
I shower in the morning because it helps to wake me up and means that you will be nice and clean at the start of the day. If you shower at night, the freshness will have worn off by mid-morning :D, plus your hair will tend to show that you didn't take a shower.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
I've done it both ways and every few years, I switch.

I like showering at night because it helps me unwind from the day and I find it much easier to sleep. I like slipping into bed being clean.

I also like showering in the morning because I can style my hair and not have it get messed up during the night. I also like to shave my legs in the morning so that they are smooth during the day, as opposed to while I'm sleeping. But I'm a girl so I do this in the shower. . .if you're a guy who shaves at the sink I guess it doesn't matter. It also helps wake me up and get me ready for the day.

So basically, I like it both ways and tend to switch back and forth from time to time.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I prefer nights because it gets rid of the accumulated grunge of the day, relaxes me which makes it easier to fall sleep, and it alows me to sleep slightly later in the morning. ( Logically a minute at night lasts the same duration as a minute in the morning but an extra 10 minutes of snooze time in the morning sure seems more worthwhile, at least for me. )

- Walter.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I think maybe a big one is that it does relax me for bed, though I never considered this a remedy for my occasional insomnia. Perhaps I will start doing this as a simple solution.

Having bed head is a big issue, but the way my hair is it's actually more difficult to style if I wash it too much. So mornings I usually just wet it enough to get the night's sleep out. Then I have to put on a knit cap to get it to lay down like a "normal" person's hair, then a helping of pomade.

The habit of showering at night in my home came with an "occupational hazard" as it's believed getting one's hair (on the head) wet is BAD and will lead to rheumatism. Don't know why Mom never gave us shower caps, but we'd get a scolding if we came out with wet hair.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I feel gross for most of the day if I showered the night before, therefore, I prefer to shower in the morning if I know I'll be interacting with other people that day.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
strange, if i don't shower at night, i feel gross getting into my bed. i still wash up in the morning, but i feel fine if i shower at night. guess it depends on what you're used to.

CJ

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I can usually tell who at my workplace showers in the morning or at night, and I am much happier working with those who shower in the morning.

Claudia P

Stunt Coordinator
... and I'm going to be the real oddball... I shower in the morning, relax in the tub with a book at night.

The morning shower revives me, the bath helps me sleep. I couldn't imagine going without either (even camping I wash in the river or sea twice a day).

I guess I just love being 'clean' :wink:

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
I usually shower at night because it lets me sleep in a little more in the morning. It also allows me to wash off the day's dirt before sleeping.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Showering in the morning helps wake me up, showering in the evening relaxes me for sleep, so I can go either way on this one.

I don't have a preference either way, although if I have to get up real early the next day I shower the night before so as to avoid getting up even earlier than I might otherwise have to.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Both. I shower at night because I don't want to bring any dirt or whatever into my bed with me at night. I also shower in the morning just to feel extra clean and to wake me up.

SO let me ask you this... if you don't shower at night after a long day of work or whatever, how often do you wash your sheets?

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
As a person that wakes up with at most 10 minutes to get ready and head off to work, I've always been a shower at night guy. I could never wake up early enough to have the time to shower. However, I do seem to take more morning showers if I'm on vacation or visiting family.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Both... I shower in the morning to wake up, adn get rid of bed head (as well as brush my teeth.. that was discussed in another thread)... Then i shower at night... its gross to slip into bed with the days' grunge and dirt on your face and feet and all the little nooks and crannies...

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Just like Nick said, I do both; one in the morning and one in the evening every day....;)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

Now you're getting personal :D

I'm kind of surprised how many people feel the need to wash off the "grime of the day." I have a hard time relating since I live in an area where the climate is very mild and my job is in an air conditioned office. And just based on the responses I'm starting to think we're too concerned about being clean :)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Well i gotta wash the product out of my hair too...

but yeah 2 is minimum, more if i go to the gym then go out for the night... so thats like, once in the morning, once after the gym (usually the afternoon), and once after i get home from the night's activities.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member

How can you tell....Do people who shower at night look or smell differently (B.O.)? I never pay enough attention to other's looks or whatever else tips off their showering habits. Inquiring minds want to know.

I almost always shower at night (and often right after work) because I work in an oil refinery where I have to wear a fire resistant nomex jumpsuit whenever I go out in the field for a project. When it starts to get warmer out, this is guaranteed to make one sweat and simmer in their own juices. Somedays I take morning showers as well. A lot of it has to do with how early I take my shower after work.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks