What's new

Who owns the Polk RTi series of speakers? (1 Viewer)

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
I'm probably going to get a pair sometime in the near future, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend which one I should get: RT1000i, RT2000i, or the RT800i. I believe a place (good guys or circuit city) has some of these models here in town but I want to know how these models handle things in a home environment. How do they sound with music and HT? Anyone with personal experience please respond. If it matters I'm about to have acoustic visions build me an awesome subwoofer so the bass end will be well handled by that. Comments welcome!:D

Hayes Preston

Stunt Coordinator
Allen,

I don't have RTi series speakers, but I do have RT series in my HT. I have RT 55's up front with an RT 400 center. I think they sound great for both movies and music, I can't believe the smooth bass that the 55's put out.

If you are getting a decent sub you won't need the towers with built in subs so save some $$ and go with the RT 800i.

Hayes

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I also have the older RT55s for mains and a CS400 for my center. Coupled with a sub, it is a great combo for both HT and music. I did try out the RT800s, but found them too boomy. The RT55s are very crisp and tight with a solid mid-range punch.
If you are looking at getting a PSW, you might want to save some coin and try the RT55i's with a sub first. At least thru CC or GG's you can return them within 30 days if you do not like the combo and upgrade to the towers. Not sure if CC still has their upgrade policy, but within one year of your purchase you were able to bring in your speakers and upgrade them, getting your full purchase price applied to the upgrade. Not a bad deal at all.
I do use the RT25i's for my surrounds.
Peace Out~:D

Thomas_A

Second Unit
I run the Polk RTi's.. I have had the 1000's and now run 2000's (I have a large room), I also have the 55's and the 800's. IMO... if you are going to do at least 50/50 music-HT then get the powered towers...if mostly HT...get the 55's or the 800's... check out my link in the sig...for my pics...

CC has a 1yr upgrade period...and a 30 day no questions asked return policy: I have upgraded many a times at cc... I have also heard that the newer line of RTI's will becomming out in about Feb/march next year...

Anyway..they sound better at home..IMO

good luck...Thomas

Darren McGruther

Stunt Coordinator
A friend of mine just got the RT800i's, great speaker.
Crisp and responsive. Sound absolutly great through the
HK 510. I am thinking about a pair for myself now.
For the extra money you have to spend on the powered,
I will use my powered sub instead of getting the powered towers.
Just my $0.02
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

My Home Page

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks