What's new

Who owns Replay 5040, 5060, 5080 with Commercial Cutter? (1 Viewer)

Robert Baughey

Auditioning
Anyone own Replay 5040, 5060, 5080 with Commercial Cutter?

I recently purchased two (2) 5040 units which are both connected to my home Lyncsys DSL router. This allows me to share resources between the two units.

I also have a Philips DVDR75 recorder hooked up to one of the units for making copies of commercial free series.

Some questions I have for the group include:

1) It seems that my bedroom unit has to be in standby power mode when I play back a movie to the living room. Otherwise the playback jumps as if the resources are being maxed out.

2) I just downloaded the new October software and did not see any new features. Was the software all internal bug fixes?

3) Replay tells me that after the warranty expires they will sell me a replacement 5040 as a factory reconditioned model.

4) I read somewhere that a 200 GB drive could replace the 40 GB drive I have. I guess the software would remain. But Replay says the warranty would be void.

5) Anyone know the future for Replay? They seem to have a lot of competition now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks