Who on the HTF watches the end credits of films?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nicholas Vargo, Sep 26, 2002.

1. Nicholas Vargo

Nicholas Vargo Second Unit

Nicholas Vargo
    I was wondering because I watch the end credits of films, as I have since I was about the age of 4. I watch them not only to find out who did what on the film or to listen to the great music or if there is a scene afterwards, but I really watch the end credits to check out the MPAA and IATSE logos and the main reason I do that is because every movie has a different look for both logos. The MPAA logo is cool. Too bad the organization itself sucks when it comes to rating films.

2. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

In the theaters-yes, I watch till the house lights come up.
    At home-not usually. When it's a film I haven't seen, then I probably will.

Bruce

3. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III
    It depends on the title. If I feel an emotional bond with the film then I'll stay thru the credits. Off the top of my head I watched credits for Attack of the Clones, Se7en, The Rock, and Rocky IV. I felt no such urge to stay for Driven or Godzilla.

4. Steeve Bergeron

Steeve Bergeron Cinematographer

Steeve Bergeron
    Like Carl, I will stay only if I really liked the film.

5. Vickie_M

Vickie_M Producer

Yes, always. I can only think of a handful of times in my entire life when I didn't, and that was because I had to go to the bathroom and was in pain the last 20 or so minutes of the film (in the theater, of course. At home I can just press Pause).
    Besides showing respect to all the people who made the movie, and perhaps wanting to see the music credits or where a movie was filmed, I always hope the filmmaker has put something in the credits (such as Wild Things), or better yet, at the END of the credits, that's meant just for you, who stayed. Such as the end of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

6. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

7. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

I stay if I liked the film. At home same policy. If it's a film I've already seen, I only watch the credits if I like the music.

8. Andy Olivera

Andy Olivera Screenwriter

If I'm watching the film alone, I'll let it run every time...

9. Iain Jackson

Iain Jackson Second Unit

I don't usually stay to watch them in the cinema (everyone else that I came with would disappear without me otherwise!), but I almost always watch the all at home.

10. Bernhard

Bernhard Stunt Coordinator

I do, they are a part of the movie... Only at movies that I really didn't like I'll leave before the end credits are over.

11. Andrew Chong

Andrew Chong Supporting Actor

Always.

In the theatre or at home, it doesn't make a difference to me. Besides learning many little tidbits including where the movie was filmed both geographically as well as whose homes or public buildings were used, who was thanked, which companies were contracted to produce special effects sequences, the titles and artists of music used, I enjoy listening to the music whether original or otherwise.

12. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    Depends on the film, if some insipid rock song starts blaring out than panicking I'll quickly grab the remote and stop the dvd.
    I know going in who made the film and who stars so I don't feel the need to check out every name in the credits.
    Music makes a big difference, if its a score by Jerry Goldsmith or John Williams than I would def 'listen' to the end credits.
    At the cinema its a different story, if I go with some movie buff buddies we usually sit thru the end credits (chatting about the film), but when I go with She-who-must-be-obeyed as soon as the first credit appears she quickly stands up glaring down at me "come on move yer ass!" and groaning I slowly get up. Thats it.[​IMG]

13. John Stone

John Stone Supporting Actor

I often do, especially if the end credits music grabs me emotionally and is the right "tone" for the film I just watched. For example, 'The Fifth Element' has closing credit music that is perfectly matched to the tone of the film (at least to my ears--and I normally don't listen to that kind of music). For films like that, I love to sit and savor the feeling until the last frame has rolled by. [​IMG]

14. Joe Bernardi

Joe Bernardi Supporting Actor

Joe Bernardi
    I always watch the credits at a movie theater; usually don't watch them at home.

Must be my split personality.

15. Rob Tomlin

Rob Tomlin Producer

If I liked the movie, and its the first or second time seeing it, definitely!

16. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    I usually do, unless a song I hate is being played over the end credits.

17. Rain

Rain Producer

I always do unless I've seen the film numerous times in which case I will sometimes skip the end credits.
    I know it sounds stupid, but I like to know that I've seen the whole film from beginning to end.
    I wouldn't ever go into a movie once the opening titles have started either.
    Damn, I sound like Woody Allen. [​IMG]

18. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

Always in the theatre.

Always at home, unless I’ve seen it many times.

19. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

I usually do. I feel guilty sometimes if I don't watch 'em.

20. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    99% of the time, I do.